cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract offer just withdrawn within minutes!

Silent_Spaces
Joining in

Hi.

I was in the process of cancelling my package as my contract has just ended. I was about to be charged £82 a month for a new contract. I eventually got an offer of £47 on the same package (including TV which i don't actually want anymore but was told it was cheaper to keep). Otherwise, it would be be £52 without TV but with a boost to 500 Mbps. For some reason, the call went dead. I then phoned back and got a different person that said £79 was the lowest they could go or £55 for broadband only. So a £32 difference from the first quote! This is significantly higher than the £32.50 for a faster speed being offered to new customers and so cancelling is the only affordable option left. It is annoying to have the £47 offer on the table and then have it just vanish.

Can someone look at where that £47 figure came from or how i can obtain a more competitive deal (currently Vodafone have offered 500 fibre for £29/month)? He said the £47 package was including my TV and discounts, if that helps at all. 

Thanks

Neil.

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Why stick around when you have a real FTTP choice? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Silent_Spaces 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the pricing issue.

We don't do package changes via the forums.

Please either call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 4 or message via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill