cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract has started but new services haven't

Robot71
Joining in

My M125 + Phone contract is ending shortly and a few days ago I was contacted by Virgin Media's customer services to ask if I wanted to upgrade to the 'Big Volt' bundle.  It seemed like a good deal so I agreed.  I've received and activated the SIM from O2 and I've received the TV 360 box. 

When I log into my Virgin Media account and view my contract details I can see the contract start date is 7th September (yesterday) but when I view my current package it still shows M125 (not M250 that is stated in the contract) and says TV is not included (although the contract says it is and I have received the TV 36o box).

My question is, if the contract start date is 7th September then why is my account still showing my current package as my old one and not my new one? 

I am on an 18 month introductory offer with the new bundle and want to be sure I will actually have 18 months on the new bundle (so from 7th September when the contract started) and not have my new/upgraded services activate later in the contract period.

Thanks!

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming this @Robot71 

You mention that you have received a new 360 set top box. 

You would need to install and activate any new equipment that is received with your new package/contract for you new contract to start. 

We recommend install/activating as soon as new equipment is received. If your equipment is not activated at you end within a few days of receiving a successful delivery confirmation from Yodel, then we do activate this at our end. 

Please do let me know if you have installed your new equipment or if you have any further issues or concerns at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Robot71,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced, at times with Volt the boost can take upto 14 days to activate, was this only completed yesterday?

Let us know,

Kain

Robot71
Joining in

Hi Kain,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, the contract date is showing as 7th September, but the upgrade from M125 to M250, and the inclusion of TV is not showing in my account details (my old package details are still showing as my current package).

I'm concerned that if the contract start date is 7th September but the services are yet active then I am paying for something I don't have.

Cheers,

Rob

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming this @Robot71 

You mention that you have received a new 360 set top box. 

You would need to install and activate any new equipment that is received with your new package/contract for you new contract to start. 

We recommend install/activating as soon as new equipment is received. If your equipment is not activated at you end within a few days of receiving a successful delivery confirmation from Yodel, then we do activate this at our end. 

Please do let me know if you have installed your new equipment or if you have any further issues or concerns at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Robot71
Joining in

Thanks for the info, Carley.

Although I have received the TV box I haven't yet installed it (I'm not so bothered about the TV part of the package and it will require a little reorganising and DIY in my living room to get everything where I want it so it will probably be a month or two before I get around to setting it up).

I'll give it a few more days for the upgraded broadband to be activated before I chase again.

Thanks for your help.

Rob