cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract for renewal not activated

betamax_bandit
Tuning in

I’ve been a VM customer for close to 20 years and not had an issue like this

I am nearing the end of my existing contract and contacted VM for renewal. I logged into my account and accepted a new offer. I received my contract information and details via email and thought nothing more of it as I wasn’t changing any services. However I log in today and see that my new contract isn’t showing and I’m due to be billed normally without discounts.

I chatted with support who advised that it hadn’t been “activated” I have no idea what that means and why but I’ve essentially been paying more than I should and now have a hefty bill coming up close to Christmas.

can anyone please help here as I’ve had next to no support

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

brianb1970
Tuning in

Hi Forum Team,

Had almost the same problem. Upgraded on line at the end of my contract and got nothing back. Waited a few days and tried to contact them. What a nightmare! Phone , web chat , and whatsapp all useless. All told me I hadn't upgraded. So I looked elsewhere, and got a better deal. Then tried to cancel... Hah! that was even worse.

THEN an email turns up with the contract details I had originally upgraded to. 3 days later. Too late, I'm done.

Now what was that OFCOM address again?

Brian

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi betamax_bandit,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear a new package you accepted Via your Online Account wasn't added.

So I can have a look into this for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Please look out for the white envelope to join the chat.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I may have found a similar problem, there is an option on the "Your Package" page to "Change your package". When you follow this link it takes you to a page where you are offered a new monthly payment and have a button to "Continue to checkout" this then emails pre contract documents to you but the page doesn't allow you to go to step 3 to submit your order.

Is this page brocken or is it looping back to my previous order or what?

Regards

brianb1970
Tuning in

Hi Forum Team,

Had almost the same problem. Upgraded on line at the end of my contract and got nothing back. Waited a few days and tried to contact them. What a nightmare! Phone , web chat , and whatsapp all useless. All told me I hadn't upgraded. So I looked elsewhere, and got a better deal. Then tried to cancel... Hah! that was even worse.

THEN an email turns up with the contract details I had originally upgraded to. 3 days later. Too late, I'm done.

Now what was that OFCOM address again?

Brian

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Oldrope 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble making changes through your online account. There can be various things that prevent progressing further into the ordering process, for example, Ad/Popup Blockers or the browser you're using. It may be worth trying a different browser or disabling any add-ons/plugins that prevent ads/popups.

Alternatively, you may need to accept your Pre-Contract Documents directly through the email you receive. The email should contain a link or button to accept the new contract, which will then be processed within 14 working days by one of our team.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

So I got in chat with them and supplied them with the full contract that was sent to me and confirmed. The agent agreed and said they would honour this. However it would need a new contract for 109 but they would add a credit note of 32 to bring it down to 77 that I signed for. They said “not to worry that the contract will say 109 but the credit amount will be added”

however I’m now beginning to worry that I’ve been misled as new bill is not showing this credit. I have full transcript of chat where VM assure me it I’ll be added

Hi Reece,

There is no option to accept the contract on the pre-contract email. I did earlier receive a pre-contract email following a conversation with the call centre who were offering me a different contract but I said I wanted to see something in writing before I accepeted, this also has no link to accept the contract and I don't know how I can contact them to follow up the offer as it is a no-reply email address.

Any suggestions on the best method for renewing my contract?

Regards

Oldrope

bardar
Joining in

they also rescind deals when agreed on the phone, using the deal wasnt processed jive.

Thanks for coming back to us oldrope, To look into the price of your current package, please give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 and 4 again, this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L