Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contract expiring - bill increase

I had an email with the information below.

"Like many of our customers, you've been enjoying a lower price of £45.00 a month with us. When your contract comes to an end on 23/04/2020, it will then change to £62.50 a month"

I wish to amend my packages online but I have no options to reduce the cost and cannot reach the call centres by chat or phone.

How do I proceed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract expiring - bill increase

You should not have been surprised by this. When you joined it was made clear that you would benefit from a substantial introductory discount, usually for a year, and then your price would go up.

The call centres are very busy and the chat service too. Try a text to 07533 051809 to ask if they can do a deal for you to keep your custom.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why do you think I'm surprised?

I had diarised changing my service level for this time of year anyway.

The only thing I'm disappointed by is the poor communication about the actual state of agent availability and a situation where I need to downgrade my TV pack.

I called the phoneline at 5.30pm and when I'd navigated the options I was  told the lines were closed.

I actually prefer to use the livechat with agents and it's withdrawn too.

That number you cited, I can't see how it's an official virgin media communication channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be fair your initial post does suggest you are surprised by the increase, i.e. posting the amounts due and highlighting them in bold.

Anyhow, VM appear to me to be very open about contacting them. There are warnings on their main website as well as at the top of every page of this forum. Is that not enough?

As for the text service, this is genuine. If you bother to search this forum you will find plenty of members and reassigned engineers giving the number out. However NHS staff, the elderly and vulnerable are being prioritised so you will have to wait.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The bold highlighting was a copy and paste from the Virgin media email. I thought it was good communication by VM as they were clear about how much I was paying, and what the new amount would be.

I did try the text service to no joy last night.

I tried the phone number 150 just now and after navigating the options and holding for a very reasonable 20 minutes, as I was descaling my shower, I got through to a very pleasant and helpful northern lass who was able to look quickly look at my account (I had validated my password successfully using the keypad)

She was able to recontract my package for the same amount + RPI (which I regard as very fair)

FWIW I'm now very happy with my package, the service and the price. I have never once regretted switching to VM from BT in the 4 years I've been with VM. My nextdoor neighbour he too switched to VM and he too is happy with the price, service and overall package.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Best answer would have been. If you need to recontract - call 150 early in the day from your VM landline or 0345 454 1111 and
Press 1 tv. broadband home phone,
Press 1 for phoning from account telephone
Press 4 changes to package
Press 4 thinking about leaving
Press 2 leaving
password check
wait to speak to agent

Now put call on speaker and get on with bathroom clean