Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract expired

My 12 month contract has expired and Virgin has increased my bill.  I have just lost my job and would simply like to cancel or change to a new contract and cheaper deal.  I rely on broadband but am increasingly frustrated and angry at the weeks trying to get through.  It seems the website is designed to make you go in circles with call centres hanging up after hours listening to the worst music, chat bots for weeks and its not good enough to be told someone will call within 24 hours only to receive no news.  You are happy to take my direct debit payments of £59 per month and this is a very distressing time.  Please will someone sort this out, Im starting to feel scammed and see its happening to other customers too.  Outrageous, all other companies have facilitated ease in communication.  This is my last resort before cancelling my direct debit.  Maybe then you might get in touch?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract expired

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.

However even this service appears to be having issues right now so I'd still recommend persevering with calling in and trying to speak to someone on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM line.  Calling first thing at 8am seems to work best.

Scott

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scott, I appreciate that but I have tried everything you have suggested for over two weeks. Virgin have charged me for the calls and the text service has been going on for weeks. 
Ive called at 8am, the music is truly appalling to sit through and it’s hours only to be cut off at the end.  I feel they are not trying and should make it easier for paying customers.  I’ve screen shots of every time the chat message service say they cannot help with Thai and someone will call back in 24 hours and they never do.  Thos has been weeks of trying. So understandably I’m  wry annoyed and put out 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@pie_ironside wrote:

My 12 month contract has expired and Virgin has increased my bill.  I have just lost my job and would simply like to cancel or change to a new contract and cheaper deal.  I rely on broadband but am increasingly frustrated and angry at the weeks trying to get through.  It seems the website is designed to make you go in circles with call centres hanging up after hours listening to the worst music, chat bots for weeks and its not good enough to be told someone will call within 24 hours only to receive no news.  You are happy to take my direct debit payments of £59 per month and this is a very distressing time.  Please will someone sort this out, Im starting to feel scammed and see its happening to other customers too.  Outrageous, all other companies have facilitated ease in communication.  This is my last resort before cancelling my direct debit.  Maybe then you might get in touch?? 

on your last point i would say - never a good idea - that will [in time] prompt 3 things - a letter from debt collectors - a black mark on your credit rating and the cutting off of your services

the one thing it will not do it make them get in touch - its the way they are and work 

you can write to cancel your services but as bad as it is if you want to stay and get a better price there is only the phone - they have set up things like the chat and text line but are constantly playing catch up as all the offshore call centres are closed

i post this - maybe it will help

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos