cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending - offer in my Virgin media

cc1970
On our wavelength

Hi

My current contract is ending in October 4th 2023 and I currently have M500 broadband, Maxit TV and Talk More anytime for £70.05 a month as a new customer.  Have been on to chat and thats a joy of endless waiting with crazy offers like trying to sell me an o2 sim sky cinema, sky sports which I told the advisor  I dont want.  Second guy gives an offer of like £120 for same package.

However, today I logged in and saw this offer on the "Change my package" screen for

Broadband installation - (Why I already have it)

M500 broadband

Virgin TV 360

Tv Essentials

Entertainment & Documentaries

Entertainment & Drama

Entertainment & Lifestyle

Entertainment & Sport Lite

TNT Sports

Phone line rental

Anytime Chatter

*£56 a month

Now is this basically what I have? and why does the channel guide not reflect the new picks still say Mixit, Maxit etc.

Also at this price could upgrade to 1Gig but no option to change and don't know by trying to would screw things up. I forgot to add I have a mini box in the bedroom but no mention of this in the offer so don't know if it includes it or not

Screenshot (38).png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cc1970 

It looks to me like the package offered online is incorrect.

The 'Broadband installation' immediately rings alarm bells with me, as you correctly stated you already have a working broadband connection with VM.  To me this signals that the offer(which includes broadband installation)  is for new customers only.

Also VM changed all of their packages/bundles on 1st September and TNT Sports isn't included in any bundles/packages now. It's only available as a stand alone extra for an additional £18 per month (or £10 per month for customers with the Stream box, however only one Stream box is allowed per household and can't be taken with any other VM TV package)

The additional 360 mini box which you have used to be included for free in the Ultimate Volt bundle which has been discontinued and been replaced by the Mega Volt bundle which doesn't include the additional box.

Anybody now wanting an additional set top box must pay an extra £10  per month.

You say you currently have  M500 broadband, Maxit TV and Talk More anytime  - the nearest equivalent now is either:-

the Bigger Combo bundle (£39.50 for new customers or £96 out of contract price) which comes with M250 broadband so you would either have to drop your broadband speed or pay extra for M500.  Plus the additional £10 for your second set top box

or the Bigger Combo Volt bundle which has the O2 sim for which you pay £12 a month to O2.  You would pay VM  £37.99 if you were a new customer or £102 out of contract price plus the additional £10 for your second set top box

With both of those package you would be able to speak to Retentions  or Sales and negotiate a price somewhere between the new customer pricing and the out of contract price.

Or use M500 as your base point, add Maxit TV and a second box, along with anytime phone calls (do you really need a landline?) and negotiate a price point. 

Oh, as an afterthought price wise since you mentioned 1Gig broadband - the new Mega Volt bundle includes M500 and it's an additional £6 a month to boost the speed to Gig 1.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cc1970 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

This is because Maxit TV doesn't exist, so it's the same as now but without the extra box (as not mentioned).

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

cc1970
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Why Oh Why would they give an offer that is not based on what you have.  I mean if I did not want or use the 2nd box would have sent it back ages ago but I use it.

Anyhow, decided to give notice 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cc1970 

It looks to me like the package offered online is incorrect.

The 'Broadband installation' immediately rings alarm bells with me, as you correctly stated you already have a working broadband connection with VM.  To me this signals that the offer(which includes broadband installation)  is for new customers only.

Also VM changed all of their packages/bundles on 1st September and TNT Sports isn't included in any bundles/packages now. It's only available as a stand alone extra for an additional £18 per month (or £10 per month for customers with the Stream box, however only one Stream box is allowed per household and can't be taken with any other VM TV package)

The additional 360 mini box which you have used to be included for free in the Ultimate Volt bundle which has been discontinued and been replaced by the Mega Volt bundle which doesn't include the additional box.

Anybody now wanting an additional set top box must pay an extra £10  per month.

You say you currently have  M500 broadband, Maxit TV and Talk More anytime  - the nearest equivalent now is either:-

the Bigger Combo bundle (£39.50 for new customers or £96 out of contract price) which comes with M250 broadband so you would either have to drop your broadband speed or pay extra for M500.  Plus the additional £10 for your second set top box

or the Bigger Combo Volt bundle which has the O2 sim for which you pay £12 a month to O2.  You would pay VM  £37.99 if you were a new customer or £102 out of contract price plus the additional £10 for your second set top box

With both of those package you would be able to speak to Retentions  or Sales and negotiate a price somewhere between the new customer pricing and the out of contract price.

Or use M500 as your base point, add Maxit TV and a second box, along with anytime phone calls (do you really need a landline?) and negotiate a price point. 

Oh, as an afterthought price wise since you mentioned 1Gig broadband - the new Mega Volt bundle includes M500 and it's an additional £6 a month to boost the speed to Gig 1.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

cc1970
On our wavelength

HI @newapollo

thanks for that in depth info on the packages.  I wondered about the offer as I have seen similar posts with peoples accounts  and they appaear to have be sent " New customer offers" in error.  I see the Volt bundles all include an O2 sim and every adviisor has despite me saying at the start of the chat " I don't need an O2 sim,  I don't have kids, I don't want sky cinema or sports" yet they comeback to you with a price that includes all that was mentioned.  They don't listen