Menu
Orieus
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract ending in a week, want to leave

My contract is due to end in a week or so. I currently benefit from a half price promotional offer. Due to my financial situation I cannot afford the full price. It's better to cancel now than try to even budget for the full cost.

I phoned up 2 weeks ago and, after a long wait, was told to phone back today because "there might be a better offer closer to the end of my contract". I said I would like to cancel and he insisted there are new offers coming up every week.

I phoned earlier today, and after another long wait, I was told that no offers can be given right now, and it would be more expensive to remove a service. I was put through to another team and was on hold for 40 minutes and then the call dropped.

This even I've been on the phone for 50 minutes. 

Why is this so difficult? After this hassle I definitely want to cancel.

0 Kudos
SG114
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract ending in a week, want to leave

I feel for you, having had the same run-around experience in December. Cancelling Virgin is a right royal pain in the a and they have constructed it so.

Call and go to new sales and the phone will be answered so much quicker, then ask to be transferred to the retention team, take names and times so you can have evidence of your attempts to cancel.

Send a recorded delivery letter to the MD stating that you are giving them the required notice period, backdate it to the time you were left hanging on the phone, that is their problem not yours, you are making the best effort to contact and discuss.

Sadly I had no option but to leave Virgin after more than 20 years and they would not budge to help me stay apart from a paltry reduction which required me to enter an 18 month contract.

So far my online needs have been well met by NowTV Superfibre and with Freeview we have not noticed anything missing from our viewing habits. The big difference is where I gave Virgin £92 each month I only give £21 to NowTV. I cannot express how happy I was when the letter from Virgin arrived yesterday telling me my costs were to rise by £4 pm... Oh no they're not 🙂

0 Kudos