Menu
detoxxa
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Contract ending due to Virgin unable to repair a fault

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a bigger fault (not outage) that has been diagnosed by Virgin team but still not repaired after x many days - can we cancel the contract without termination fee or any other fees.

My broadband is down from 8th of April due to cable been cut outside my property ( on the street level due to some construction works carried out by BT ).

Speaking with the support is useless, keep hearing that engineer is due to be on site almost every day but no one has attended. Can't call anyone else - just keep getting update that someone will call me when they are coming but no one calls and no one attended.

Feel really hopeless  - trying to work from home - spending on average 20£ a week using top ups.

Please help anyone

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract ending due to Virgin unable to repair a fault

Hi detoxxa,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that you have been without an internet service since the 8th of April. This is not the level of service we are aiming to provide at all.

Can we ask when you have called out team previously have they not booked an engineer to see if we can do a temporary repair until the cable is fixed?

I think we need to take a further look in to this for you. I will pop you over a private message to take some details and take a look at the account. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
detoxxa
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted virgin same day (8th of April).

This happened when Bt were carrying out some works on the street and literally broadband stopped working when they start digging. I came out and asked them what happened but they said they are from Bt and nothing to do with virgin cables but this could not be a coincidence. There are two houses connected with this cable (2 separate accounts) . Eventually after 3 days virgin team booked engineer to attend on 13th. When he arrived he diagnosed what we have been telling over the phone for the past days and said that obviously not much he can do and he called support team to arrange another team but mentioned that they need planning permission to carry out any construction works. They supposed to come within 2 days. Again no details were left for us or reference nr , only the usual- someone will come, someone will call. 
On 15th when I called virgin to ask when we can expect them and is there any updates we were told that indeed they are awaiting for a permission and I shouldn’t worry as this will be fixed within 10 days. 
from that day I started receiving emails regarding engineers visit being cancelled. When called again same story and for the past  few days we are being told that engineers have been scheduled to attend and i should call if they haven’t.
My last call was yesterday at 4pm - the lady from virgin confirmed that there are 2 engineers arriving today between 8am -1pm.

When i reminded her that is now 4pm already again I heard that someone will call me and someone will come.

0 Kudos
detoxxa
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin not able to fix my broadband for 20 days!!

Ugghhh !!!!

So frustrated with virgin right now, no broadband since 8th April. Everyday on the phone with virgin as i don't receive any updates from the team regarding the fix - everyday we hear the same story that engineer is scheduled to visit and carry out the works but no confirmation about those appointments apart from the virgin app. From 13th April those appointments are being rescheduled without giving any reason everyday. Latest was supposed to be today from 1pm-6pm and it was already rescheduled according to my virgin app. Tires of calling support as we don't hear nothing new - this is a disaster.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin not able to fix my broadband for 20 days!!

We're terribly sorry to hear this detoxxa, 

I can assure you that we will always do our level best to have any area outages resolved as soon as we possibly can.

Fix times that are advertised are only estimates, but we will do what we can to have this resolved for you 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi you may also want to check yoru right to automatic compensation at

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@crany wrote:

Hi you may also want to check yoru right to automatic compensation at

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

Also listed at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
detoxxa
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, thanks for your help.

I understand completely that sometimes even the easiest fix are not as easy as they look and i totally get it. The support team also told me about the auto compensation scheme which is 8£ a day + 25£ for every visit that's been rescheduled or canceled.

The frustrating part is having to chase the virgin team to find out about the status or details. We still haven't received any details why all those appointments were rescheduled and also there's still no estimated time for when this will be fixed.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If the outage is reported on the status website, you can register for email or text updates.

The same is often true of the telephone status line (0800 5610061)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
detoxxa
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't think this qualifies as an outage because it's only 2 houses that are affected by this - and this happened because cable was cut by contractors from BT caring out some works on the pathway outside my house.

It was diagnosed as total loss of course.

0 Kudos