cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ending and no offer

jsblack67
Joining in

I have been with VM for many years and yet they are quite happy to let me leave. I rang up as contact was nearing end to get better offer. I wanted faster broadband, everything they offered was more expensive unless they took away bits of my package and then it wasn’t any cheaper. I tried ringing back a few days later but to no avail. So I requested my cancellation and my contract ends in 2 weeks and still no contact from virgin. They give new customers great deals but forget about the loyal ones. Let’s hope there competition is better service. Any ideas on how to get a better deal before I leave for good 

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Make sure you are opted in for marketing and that your phone number is up to date. Even then I suspect that this particular ship has now sailed. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jsblack67 

There is nothing to prevent you calling and renegotiating again.  but you should do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Yu say that you wanted  a faster broadband speed - do you, or anybody in your household have an O2 sim?  If so  VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed, or take out an O2 sim.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jsblack67 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry that you're feeling undervalued. I am sure that any deal would be the best our team could offer you at this time.  However, as you've expressed dissatisfaction, I would like to help you raise a complaint. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep any eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R