cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract dates incorrect after house move

Seagull79
Dialled in

The dates shown on my account for my contract are incorrect and I would like to get this resolved.

I took out my current contract in January 2021 which included discounts which are due to expire at the end of the 18 months (i.e in August 2022).

When I checked my account, it looks like when I moved house in June 2021, a new contract has been created.  This now shows that my contract still has 13 months to go rather than one, but with the discounts still due to expire next month which would mean a substantial increase in my monthly costs.

I didn't sign up for a new contract in June 2021 so would like to get this resolved so I can review my contract options when they should expire next month.

Please could you advise how I can get this resolved.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you move home and take your services with you, it is technically a disconnection & reconnection albeit with manual adjustments applied to replicate your existing package and maintain your contract dates.

The forum staff team usually intervene to get these corrections actioned if they've been missed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Seagull79,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear the correct contract term wasn't added when you moved address 13 Months ago.

I would like to look further into this for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul. 

Just to follow up, Paul was very helpful and between him and the customer services team it looks like this has been resolved quickly.

Thanks for the update and kind words @Seagull79, I'll be sure to pass this feedback on.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules