cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract change without agreement

Cueball1961
Joining in

I entered into an 18 month contract in July. I then added Sky Sports. I have now noticed that my monthly charges are going to increase by £100 in October. When I finally got through to someone on WhatsApp I was told that this should have been explained to me at the time. I have been conversing since 1109 yesterday and am still waiting for the retention team to contact me. As far as I’m concerned I have not entered into another contract 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you added Sky Sports at the standard published price (~£32 in SD, ~£39 in HD) then this should not have affected your existing package.

If SS was discounted in any way, then this will have likely affected the rest of your bundle due to the promotional offers being intertwined. Anytime you effectively re-contract in this way, you do enter a new minimum term.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Cueball1961,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, if you look back into your contract email which would have come when you first signed up, it will take note of all discounts you had applied, it could be that one discount you had has since fallen off your account.

Joe

This is what seems to have been applied to my account.  Revised sky sports with no discount agreed, then £3 discount appeared on contract so seems any change to this ad-on will result in new contract. Underhand or what!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jenian 

My apologies for the inconvenience and misunderstanding of the contract

If you're unhappy with your current package, our team will be happy to look into this for you via 150 or 0345 454 1111 if you would like to look at making any changes.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs