Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Contract bait and switch - No resolution for weeks

I ordered a broadband and phone setup for £25/month with no setup fee. Received my kit and did quick start setup myself. Contract I received stated charges of £42/month plus £35 setup fee.

I've tried to resolve this multiple times, spending hours on the phone with customer service agents and attempting to use live chat several times (never a response).

What a fiasco! This is how new customers are treated, completely useless 'service' and downright criminal behaviour. I am attempting again to get this resolved through this forum, but at this stage get a sense that Virgin is fine with scamming customers.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract bait and switch - No resolution for weeks

Hi I am a vm field tech so cannot help you with billing. I can give you some info though. Majority of our call centres are evacuated. We are trying to keep things going best we can. My last personal bill I have a query with but cannot sort out at the moment. 

If your hub is working, I suggest you wait and you should get reimbursed when we are back to bau. 

I understand your frustration and am sorry I don't have access to the systems needed to resolve your issue.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I do appreciate it. Hopefully there will be some decent level of service returning, but the problem wasn't resolved even before this lock down happened.

It doesn't help to now be out of work, while Virgin overcharges me and continues to take our money without providing proper service in exchange.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Often the contract will show the full price but omit any discounts which is worrying imo as users can believe they’ve been charged wrong.

If you log in to your MyVirginmedia page does the contract state the same charges there too?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding. From what I'm seeing on this forum it is a very common occurence and scores of people are being overcharged based on the deal they signed up for. I have already spent hours on the phone trying to sort this out and it seems nobody is around with competence can deal with it. Either that, which is what I suspect, is there is a massive flaw in Virgin's contract handling process and they are coming out ahead financially when people get sick of trying to resolve it.

In my online account the contract is incorrect and my first bill, which should be £50 for 2 months, is £119. It's not a small error!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No it isn’t.

Your best bet during the Pandemic is to text Virginmedia on 07533051809 giving them your name, number & explaining Your problem & you’ll be contacted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. I did get through via that text number but after waiting 24 hours for response the service person could not assist me and has 'transferred' my issue to somebody else. Still waiting for that contact, but I keep getting shuffled around in circles.

The service is abhorrent and I've already been billed £30 for my third hour-long mobile call with VM agents a couple of weeks ago as I went over my minutes allowance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Apparently I was never transferred to an agent who could assist me with fixing the contract price. Now there is no response whatsoever when I use the text service number, so I suppose they have blacklisted my number?

Has anyone here managed to rectify their contract price after Virgin confirmed an offer then switched the contract to £42/mo? It would be great to hear how in the world this issue can be solved!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

They’re currently trying to scam me so I’ve contacted watchdog, I would suggest you do the same. They need to be held accountable regardless of the pandemic.

my problem is different to yours but I also am being stung by their customer ‘service’

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, you are right, and I did complain via Ofcom and Citizens Advice.

My saga continues after a month of calling multiple numbers, texting, messaging here, and tweeting, etc.

Not a competent service agent can be found, sadly. And the ones that have offered a branch either hang up on me mid-call and don't ring back, or seem to have their hands tied by Virgin's archaic systems. I'm sure it's all designed carefully to suck every drop of blood out of us - their 'valued customers' - ha. 

I have seen that the majority of Moneysupermarket £10 deal complaints in this forum have been dealt with.

Not me though, and I've been waiting for weeks longer and can't scream as loud as 4000 angry people.

0 Kudos