Menu
shereelouise
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contract Termination Fees

Hi, I have finally  just cancelled my VM account for TV and Telephone, but kept broadband and upgraded speed from 100 to 200, which therefore acts as a new contract for 12 months (as I was advised on the phone)

I was not tied to a contract as I have been with them for excess of 15 years, and so have given 30 days notice, as required for the TV and Phone Line (which didnt work anyhow).

They have sent me a final bill, which includes charges for "Contract Termination Fees". 

What is that all about ?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Termination Fees

Good afternoon @shereelouise 

Thank you for your post. 

The EDFs (early disconnection fee) would still be applicable for the services that you have disconnected.  For more information on our EDF's you can find then you are able to visit This link

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
shereelouise
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thats great, and thank you for the link you sent but considering I've been a customer for excess of 15 years at this property, I'd say I'm well beyond any minimum service months that your link suggests.

I'd like to add that although the Fees charged are minimal and not bank breaking, I'm afraid it's more about the principle of being charged these fees after being a 15 year longstanding customer whose been paying an average £90 month for the duration. Also, when speaking to detentions team (after months of unsuccessful attempts to cancel, the hang ups, long hold waits on phone, the terrible text service with an auto bot who fails to understand anything!....and still no one from VM ever called back) the fees were not even mentioned by the lady who reduced my services! If I had of been informed I could of spoken about them and dealt with them a lot quicker and easier then this. IMO VM seem to add these so you have to go all around the houses again and I'm pretty sure many customers find it easier to just pay them...very cunning extra profits for one last squeeze out of leaving customers

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Had you changed your package anytime during that 15years, or been given any promotional discounts?

Any of these would normally be sufficient to reset your minimum contractual term.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi shereelouise,

Is this something you still need help with?

If so, are you able to answer japitts question 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
shereelouise
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm pretty sure no changes have been made, it's been nearly a year that I've been trying to cancel services,  which proved difficult since covid initially locked down the country early March last year. Any changes would of been much longer ago and would been upgraded/additions on my package. I've been paying nearly £100 a month for too long. If VM can look, I'm pretty sure above will be the case...no changes. Could VM please just reverse these charges out of decency. I dont often look at this VM forum and only initially joined it for advice upon cancelling services as trying by phone was so frustrating, hence my delay on answering your questions, my apologies

0 Kudos
shereelouise
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have now replied thank you Alex. Do you work for VM. If so could you not look into this for me. You'll see I'm not an active forum member for anything other then trying to sort issues out that are impossible by phone

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi shereelouise, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

I would be happy to take a look at this from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message now and we can go from there. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
shereelouise
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos