Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Contract Termination Fee

Hi,

I terminated my VM account because we moved. On my last invoice, I have three "Contract Termination Fee" charges of 2 x £8.06 and 1 x £8.08.

I was not in a contract - my contract had ended ages ago. Why have I been charged this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Termination Fee

Thanks for the post Newallcj and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about the confusion with the bill, have you been able to find out why this was since your post? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

I have spoken to someone in your billing team who has told me to ignore the last bill. She didn't know what the charges were for and that she could not do anything since the account was closed.

However, that is not a resolution and VM keep sending me emails that are becoming increasingly threatening.

By my calculations VM owe me a refund. I am waiting for someone to contact me... I guess I'll just have to wait until that happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, is the invoice in question the final bill received through the post? 

As this would be the correct one.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

I have never received a bill from VM in the post - they were always emailed to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So the final bill will always be sent through the post, you'll receive this following the disconnection at the end of the 30 days notice. 

This would include all the correct information. 

Any refunds listed on this will be sent through cheque to the property up to 45 days following disconnection as well.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK - I have not received anything yet, although the service was disconnected on the 10th of August (which was earlier than I requested, so massively inconvenient). I guess I should expect something in the next few days then (I do have mail forwarding in place).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Today I received a letter from VM to tell me that there was still an outstanding balance on my bill. This is after I have been assured by your billing team that I would not get any more demands when I contacted VM on the 6th of September. The lady I spoke to could not do anything, because my account is closed and this has been referred to the VM complaints team. I am yet to hear from them.

I need someone from VM to contact me to clear this up. By my calculations, VM owe me money because you bill in advance for the service and I ended the contract at the beginning of the month.

How can I escalate this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi newallcj

I have looked at the conversation and can see that Emily has stated that the refund can take up to 45 days, you mentioned that the account was disconnected on the 10th August. This should be received by next Thursday. Can you confirm if the amount on the bill is a credit or debit? Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

I have not received a paper bill, as Emily said I would. All I have received is an email from VM telling me I owe them money.

There are three contract termination fee charges on the final bill that I disagree with, but try as I might, I cannot get anyone at VM to help me (your finance team say they cannot do anything because the account is closed). I have a complaint raised due to the early termination and I have been told the complaints team will be in touch, but that hasn't happened either.If these amounts are removed, VM in fact owe me money, however, I have had nothing to confirm this.

I need someone from VM who is able to help to contact me about this.

0 Kudos