Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract Termination Fee query

Hi

I have sent a 30 days notice as required to notify Virgin that I do not wish to continue with the services after the minimum 12 month contract. I have paid all payments over the 12 month contract and do not owe any outstanding payments to Virgin. 

I have received a final bill from Virgin trying to request £38.85 ( a payment of £19.42 and another of £19.43) “contract termination fees”.

No where in the contract does it state that contraction termination fees are charged. As I sent the 30 days notice in advance of the contract end date.

Can I speak to VM agent?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Termination Fee query

Taking your comments as correct, I would still suggest that to avoid VM registering the requested payments as a default under a credit agreement (which will damage your credit history for years to come) you should pay the bill, and then recover it through the VM complaints procedure (and if need be, escalation to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.  

It would be far quicker and easier for all concerned to get this promptly and professionally resolved, and I've flagged your post for the forum staff's attention, in the hope that they can get this amicably resolved in the next day or so, in which case you wouldn't have to pay and then recover the disputed payment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Termination Fee query

Hi nparveen,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry if there's been some confusion over the early disconnection fees, it could be that you've given your 30 days notice just before the contract end date-

I can double check everything for you, I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos