cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal time - 150% increase ?

jka94036
Superfast

Hi,

I know the forum guys on here can’t help but just mentioning that I phoned retentions to get a price for renewing my contract which is due to end.

Tried the phone route which was a huge increase in the monthly payment, nice chap but he suggested using the online route which was 150%  increase for the same package I have now.

Virginmedia must really want to lose customers and looks like I will be off to pastures new, if VM can’t show loyalty then neither can I

6 REPLIES 6

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jka94036, 

Thanks for posting this on the Community Forums, we're sorry you're frustrated and a little deflated after trying to save a few pounds 😥

As you've already mentioned we're not able to help with this sort of issue, but I do have a link to our Existing Customer Offers just in case you see something that floats your goat 🐐

However, if you do decide that it's time for you to move on, then I have a link here that's all about How to Cancel

If you decide to call, then the best time to do so would be 8am in the morning on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4. This would help to avoid the long call queues later in the day 😊

We of course hope that you find a good offer and decide to stay.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Will certainly look but it’s a bit more than saving a few pounds…….I expected a rise but not 150% !

Well that link seemed to work getting a deal that I can actually afford, the downside is you will have to put up with me for another 18 months 😜

Thanks for coming back to us jka94036 and we're glad that you have been able to get a better deal and we're even more happier that we get to keep you on board as a customer with us 😁

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

3.9% + Rpi is way better than 150% in my book, but yes fully aware of that

Please do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. 

^Martin