cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal Offer changed without my agreement.

chrissyboi
Tuning in

Hi,

At the end of January I contacted VM after receiving their info about price hikes as my bill had just been going up and up. I was offered a new contract for the exact same services - I have phone/tv/broadband and mobile - at a reduced rate for 18 months.

When I received the email from VM confirming the new contract it stated that one of the old services - a 50 GB Ooopm sim card had been removed from the services. I did not ask for this to be removed, was never informed that it would be removed nor agreed in any way for this to happen. For the past 2 weeks I have wasted numerous hours witing and dealing with the 'customer service' ( << oxymoron if ever there was one!) personnel who either don't understand what I am saying, or just completely ignore it and try to sell me a new deal entirely which requires me to pay extra for the removed sim card.

It's two weeks now since this happened and matters are at a crucial stage as far as I am concerned. The sim card is used by my daughter, who is a student. She also suffers from Tourettes and Asperger's and I am concerned that this card is just going to die on her (based on previous VM experience) and if it does, she will become extremely agitated and anxious and just go into meltdown when that happens, no matter where she is. That leaves her very vulnerable and at risk. I can't afford for that to happen.

I've spent two weeks and countless hours on phones, chat bots, what's app and more attempting to get someone that will at least understand my problem, and try to assist me with it, but all I get is people who just keep trying to re-negotiate my package and completely mis-understanding what I am saying, or ignoring it. Time is short and I need to act fast, so I'm hoping that somebody in here can help, or at the very least pass this on to Virgin Media - it is their forum after all, and is owned and operated by them and accessed via their own TLD domain name. So there's no dispute this is virgin media's cubby hole.

With that being said, If I am unable to receive assistance here my intention is to lodge an emergency ex-parte application in court in the coming week for injunctive relief to prevent virgin media from dsiconnecting this sim card, pending resolution of the disputed contract terms - which I have no doubt the will attempt to try and change. Last time I had to seek injunctive relief against VM their lawyers were HJB Gately, so I shall contact them and ask if they still act for them legally and are willing to receive delivery of the court orders.

It is unfortunate that I have to resort to this type of intervention but VM have the absolutely WORST customer service by a country mile, and no doubt it benefits them financially as frustrated customers who don't have my knowledge or resources will end up just caving in to them. It shouldn't have to be that way, but it is, and it really doesn't matter which company you are with these days as they all operate in similar ways. Long gone are the days when the customer came first, nowadays it's simply profit. Nothing else matters.

If there is no help or assistance can be gleaned here this week, then this post serves as pre Notication of the intention to raise legal proceedings and the orders will be with VM the following week.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @chrissyboi and I'm terribly sorry to hear of the frustration and distress this has seemingly caused you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, and you'll find a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for your post David, I've responded to your pm