Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract Price Not Honored

Back in August I spoke to the retention team who agreed a new contract with a fixed price until February 2021.  There was to be one bigger bill then a small bill of just over £5 then on to the new price until 2021.

When this months bill came through, it was £3.50 more than agreed and stated in the contract.  I was told at the time that there would be no price increases during this time.

I have spoken to the Customer Service people who tell me that it is a standard price increase and that they can take it off but only for six months.  I will then have to call back and go through all of this again.  When the next price hike comes in I would have to have an even longer call to get back to where I should be.

How can I either speak to a supervisor or get this resolved to reflect what was agreed?

Having been a customer since the Telewest days nearly 20 years ago, this is quite disappointing as I have have very few problem with the actual service.

I want to get this sorted out.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Price Not Honored

Hi PaulRS3,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns regarding your contract, I'm really sorry that you've been charged unexpectedly and have had difficulty resolving this.

I'd be more than happy to take a look for you, although we'll need to clear account security to do so. We'd never do this via an open platform, so I'll send you a private message now. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Price Not Honored

You are not alone.

Exactly the same happened to us and we have also been with them for a long time - since they took over NTL.

I was also told the discount would last 6 months and to ring back then to get a further discount. However they did not honour that pledge and was actually overcharging me every month too.

Now all discounts have finished and it is very clear that they are still over charging me but no-one is answering the phone at the moment. I do feel that some companies are using the current situation as an excuse for poor service.

I really want to leave Virgin but am mid contract.

When i did a search for price not correct on here, hundreds of threads came up, it looks like is a systematic ploy of Virgin to not charge the agreed prices hoping that we will not complain and that it has been going on for years.

I hope everyone stays safe in both body and mind during this time 🙂

0 Kudos