Menu
Baronduff
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract Length/Extension after adding services

I wonder if anyone happens to know; I've been a VM customer for Broadband for probably 10 years, I recently added Telephone to my package, will this have extended/created a minimum term for my Broadband contract as well as my new Telephone contract?

The only reason I ask is because I'm trying to "cut the fat" so to speak and lower my outgoings, the £8pm to go from 200Mb to 54Mb might not seem like much to most, but I'd like to give a lower speed connection a go and see how I get on.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Length/Extension after adding services

Hello

You can check yourself by loging into your account, normally when you add a service, the service is add to your previous contract and therefore will add another year on from the date of starting the telephone service.

When logging into your account click the link on the left where it says View Contract.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
Baronduff
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Length/Extension after adding services

Thanks DJ_Shadow1966! I've read so many (likely outdated) replies saying you couldn't find this info online that I didn't look thoroughly enough on my account to see it, there it was, plain as day!

It would appear that my broadband is not under contract as only the telephone symbol has a tick next to it and a contract date, interestingly! I'll give them a call and see what they say when I ask to downgrade, thanks for your help!

0 Kudos