Menu
johnmayne1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Contract Issues

As I am the Primary Account holder I would like to know why Virgin are saying that they are sending contracts to my wife's e-mail address  (which they are not).  But then after viewing my bill it states that the contract was sent to her and accepted. I asked her to send me a copy of the contract and after she viewed her e-mails  back to 2015 she told she hasn't got any mail containing Virgin Contracts? They send the bills to my e-mail address so why not send the contract to me? So in other words this has just been classed as a rolling contract without any communication or consent from the customer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Issues

Hi johnmayne1,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the issues with the email address on the account. Have you changed the address we now send the details too? Relating the question, if no new deal has been agreed or any cancellation notice given, the account would be a rolling contract.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
johnmayne1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My address has never changed from Day One, as I said the bills are sent to my e-mail address but when I go on to My Virgin Media to view the bill it states that the contract was sent to my wife to agree to. But as I also stated she has never had a contract agreement going back to 2015. I believe that the Primary Account holder should be the one that the Contract is sent to as it is surely only the Primary Account holder that can cancel this agreement if they wish to. Where can I get a copy of this agreement because neither I or my wife have a copy of this "rolling contract"? Maybe it's time for me to reach for the SKY !!! As I feel I am being mugged here.

Best Regards

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry you feel this way John, as this is indeed not the case. We would send the details of the contract to the email on file, if this was never changed then this would be your reason.

If you do wish to look at the account and what deals are available, please do call the team on 150 // 03454541111 and we can do a health check on the account to ensure you are paying the best price for the services you require.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
johnmayne1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS, I hear what you are saying about the contract going to the e-mail on file but if that is the case then why is the bill not going to the same place? If it states on the bill that I am the Primary Account holder and the responsibility of paying the said bill is down to me then surely the contracts should be sent to me as well? What area of Virgin Media do you work in John?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We work in Digital Services for Virgin Media, based in Manchester. 

It's my understanding that when signing up you can choose what email address you'd like confirmation of the contract to be sent to. If that confirmation isn't received we would expect to be contacted so it can be re-sent as necessary. This can also be re-sent to another at a later date if you wish. The email that you receive bills to is provisioned via your online account, this can be changed by yourself at any time by signing in here: virg.in/myVM

Just to clarify - are you unhappy that your contract has come to term & started rolling on a monthly basis? Let me know if that's not correct. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
johnmayne1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm unhappy because Virgin said they sent the contract to my wife's e-mail address and it had been agreed to, yet when I asked my wife for a copy of the agreement she said she had not received anything from Virgin since 2015? So neither of us get a copy of the contract to peruse.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK. We'd always recommend checking you're happy with the agreement before allowing the 14 day period to run down. If you hadn't received any confirmation of the agreement then we'd need you to get back in touch so this could be re-sent as needed. If we weren't notified you hadn't received it we can only assume you had and were happy with the terms.

As mentioned in my previous reply - this can be re-sent to you now if you wish.

I must also clarify here - the contract doesn't actually have to be received to be agreed to. Continuing to use the services beyond the 14 day cool-down period is agreement to the t&c's.

Tom

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

2015 was the contract when you started the contact.

The services never e4nd and at the end of the fixed term contact your services carry on as a rolling 30 days contract until one of 2 things happens.
1) you call up an give 30 days notice to cancel.
2) you call up and agree a new deal for another fixed-term contract.

you wont of gotten a new contact at the end of your fix term as contact is the same as when you signed up

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

johnmayne1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've never seen a contract so I cannot comment on this. At the time of entering into this contract my e-mail address would have been the only contact we had as Virgin hadn't been installed at the time so I don't know how they could have sent the original contract to her.
0 Kudos