cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Expiration.

keithfuery
Tuning in

How can I find out if my Virgin Media contract has expired. Virgin help page says,

"Unfortunately we don't have a digital copy of your current contract.

This may be because your contract dates back to before 2018 or you requested paper".
I want to start a contract with a cheaper broadband bundle.
5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi keithfuery 

If there isn't a digital copy of your contract it sounds like you may be out of contract.

The contracts showing in my 'My Virgin Media' only go back to October last year, however I have found all of my previous contracts by searching "Virgin" in my emails. Have you checked your emails? 

You should check with regrades. The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority.

You can also check if you have any current offers by logging into https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  and clicking on upgrade package. There may also be a link there to the online chat messenger service.

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed, or are you prepared to drop down a level?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so if you have an O2 sim or fancy one then it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So, am I right in thinking that my broadband speed is 100 but because I have the Volt package it is 200 as shows on my bills?

If I am out of contract, could I take out the M250 deal which could be doubled up to 500 due to my volt package and still save £20 per month?

Good morning @keithfuery 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Thank you to @newapollo as always for being so helpful. 

To answer the next question, if your system is showing you're already on a Volt tariff, that'll mean you have been already Boosted. Means any new deal you take will be a V deal (Volt) not an M, so wouldn't get the Boost again.

Please either do the order online or call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 4. Says cancellations but ignore that bit, it's also the Retentions number.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

keithfuery
Tuning in

According to the Virgin Media page, 

• Upgrade to next speed level – Whatever broadband speed you either have or are considering signing up for, Volt will upgrade you to the next speed level. So, for example, if you have Virgin Media's M125 broadband, with an average speed of 132Mbps, Volt will upgrade you to the M250 package with an average speed of 264Mbps.
  • Does this mean, if I start a new contract on the M125 broadband package, then with Volt, I can get M250 broadband for the price of £26.50?

Hi keithfuery,

If that offer is on our public web page, this will be new customer pricing and offers so no you wouldn't be able to have that applied.

Also to clarify, the Volt benefit and new customer promotional offer can only be applied once.

Hope this helps.

Please do pop back to us if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide