Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract Ending Help

Hello

I have been trying to change my package as my contract is ending and the introductory price has gone from £79 to £133.50. Due to COVID-19 I am unable to get through on the phone. I was told to ring up and request the same deal by the rep who set me up in the first place. My question is if I pay the £133.50 for this month does that put me in a new contract and if not how do I get through to reduce my package as I simply cannot afford to pay that amount and it won't allow to to reduce my package on line, only add. I left Sky and moved to Virgin as that was a good deal.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Ending Help

Good Morning,

Apologies first of all for the difficulty trying to get through to customer services. As you may know, nearly all of our call centres are out of operation due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. 

Here is a link where you can contact the relevant department for your issues.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus

I am a Virgin Media Technician working from home to assist. If you have found my response useful please mark as such and consider leaving Kudos!

Thank you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Ending Help

If you pay the requested amount it won't force a new 12 month contract; now that you have completed the minimum term your contract turns into a one month repeating one so you can now cancel at any time but you need to give 30 days notice, so basically pay one extra month.

Now one thing I do have to say is that the rep said you can simply request the same deal then that was somewhat misleading - you can't, well OK you can ask but even at the best of times VM simply won't allow existing customers to pay the same as new customers as that is strictly an introductory offer - a loss-leader if you like.

What you may be able to do is negotiate some kind of reduction but that definitely will start a new 12 month minimum contract.

0 Kudos