Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract Cancellation

I've had the unfortunate experience today of attempting to cancel my contract.  My package went up from £90 to £139 hence, I wanted to cancel and go to one of the other competitive deals around.

I am supposedly on the highest broadband available, however, my average speed is in the range of 30-60Mb but, normally around 40MB and that is hard-wired!  I work in the IT world so know that this isn't right.  My friends can't believe I don't complain about it however, I don't really have the need for a great connection as I don't play video games nor, do we have multiple devices connected at the same time..  Hence, the upsell from the cancellation guy fell on deaf ears - especially as this is what I was promised last time around but, never materialized. It wasn't helpful when the salesman suggested I'd got myself into a pickle because I was on a higher package that I didn't really need.

Anyway to cut a long story short I was offered a deal of £120 (£30/25% more than what I was paying for the same service, not sure that's in line with inflation) -  for what is on offer to new customers @ £89(£1 less than I was paying) so I decided that I have no option but to leave.  I ask to terminate the contract and was told I would be put through to the cancellation team (I thought I was talking to the cancellation team) obviously, they were the retention team.  Anyways, I am on the phone waiting listening to music for 5 mins and then the music stops as if someone had answered, multiple hellos but, no response on the other end, I gave the line the benefit of the doubt and assumed the music must've finished.  10-15 mins later the call is dropped.  So that's 30mins wasted from my day after the initial call..  

Now I call back, and ask to be put straight through after explaining the situation, still had a bit of upsell or should I say upprice.., but, am put through again.  Guess what - music plays for much longer this time but after about 10mins the call is dropped again.  Probably about an hour faffing around and I haven't got anywhere!

Now on the call it was simple for me with no emotion.  You can either get a figure near to what I was paying or, I leave.  Not allowing customers to leave is where people get upset. It's understandable you don't want customers to leave but, dropping phone calls are dirty tactics and not what you'd come to expect from a large company.

However, now there is a bitter taste due to the time wasted.  I've held my side of the bargain and have been a loyal customer now, it's your turn to do the same.

Please, let me know the options for canceling my contract.  This is not acceptable from such a large and reputable company.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Cancellation

Hi bluekoi,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving, cancelations isn't something we can help with via our community, you will need to speak to our customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 options 1,4 then 5 before making any decisions, they will be able to do a full review on your account and get the best deal available to you.

You can also text the issue you are having to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will pick this up, please note this is not an immediate response service and may take a while for a response,

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos