Menu
Elseeel
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Contacting VM

As I am physically unable to use the telephone, I have been trying to find how I can contact VM (to discuss cancelling my contract) but have been unable to find any email, chat service or address which I could use.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting VM

Hi @Elseeel why not try the text service 07533 051809 otherwise you could send a letter by recorded mail to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Elseeel
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this Matt.
I have never tried using a text service before, although seems unwieldy as I feel that the 'conversation' may easily start to get detailed and lengthy, I may have to try this. The address is also useful thanks, not my preferred way of contacting as I really need my situation sorted sooner rather than later as VM are seemingly charging me for services which I did not ask for.
Why do they make it so hard for individuals to contact them, especially when they have issues? Not expecting an answer and this has tipped me over the edge and made me consider cancelling my contract.
Thank you for your time with my query.
John
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

there are another couple of methods you can use to contact VM, details at the bottom of the following page thinking-of-leaving/broadband-tv-phone 

Accessibility and Extra Support

Text Relay Service
RelayUK helps deaf, speech impaired and hearing impaired people to talk to each other over the phone & via an app using the relay service.

To contact us via RelayUK you can download the new app relay-uk-app  or call us free on 18001 0800 052 2164.

Video Relay Service
Video Relay allows British Sign Language users to Sign-Solutions

Open 8am until midnight, 7 days a week.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Elseeel
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this information Dave.

Unfortunately this was the only contact information I found and is not of much use to me in my circumstances. Symptoms of an illness (non-Covid) I have leaves me short of breath so conducting a telephone conversation is generally impossible for me. 

I am really surprised that VM don't have a 'chat' facility or a means of sending an electronic query - they are the first major organisation I have come across who do not provide either of these means. (Not expecting a response to this - just venting a bit of my frustration!)     

Thanks for your time responding to my query which is much appreciated.

Kind regards

John

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again John,

You could also try the online chat messenger service using the /help/contact-us/moving-home  link

Scroll down and click on the red "Message Us" icon on that page, and when the messenger chat opens select "something else."

A member of the VM team should answer, however it may be the BOT  to begin with before you are transferred to the correct team.

Please note this method isn't always available as phone calls take priority, however it should be better than using the text messenger.

I realise everything is difficult just now, but is it possible to have somebody with you if you call. You could pass validation and ask for them to speak on your behalf. Of course they would need to pass the phone to you again to authorise any account changes/cancellation.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Elseeel
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's great Dave and seems to be just what I'm looking for.

Unfortunately there is no-one else so am having to get through this alone, your response should definitely help me with this.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions 🙂

Kind regards

John  

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry for our delayed response and to hear you're looking to leave us. I appreciate that your struggling in trying to contact us must have been quite frustrating.

Can you please let us know if you have been able to get things sorted since posting? We don't normally help with package changes or disconnections from here, but given the detail provided in your post, we really would like to help (if it is still needed).

Let us know and I'll be happy to pop you over a private message so I can take some further details and help from there.

Beth

Elseeel
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth and thanks for your message.
I did manage to make contact through an aforementioned chat facility. However, I wasn't too happy with the overall service and they didn't seem too bothered about me wanting to leave and indicated that they understood why I was considering this!
I am in the process of writing to VM to express my feelings. Although I managed to get my package changed to remove an item for which I was being charged for but never asked for, I am still searching other providers as my faith in VM has almost gone.
If you happen to have anything you can add to help the poor communication etc, then I would be happy to hear from you before I post my letter.
Regards
John
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I'm very sorry that you didn't have the best experience when speaking with our team via our text service. If you would like us to raise a complaint on your behalf from here we would certainly be able to do that for you.

All of our contact methods can be found here

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos