Menu
TeresaCh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Rachel Barrass

Hi there,

I received an email from Rachel Barrass on 7 Jan 2021 regarding monthly price change from 1st March. It says on the email that:

"We hope you’ll carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 12/02/2021, without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/pricechange to find out more."

I called up to VM Customer Service last Friday and wanted to cancel my package. However, the VM staff Debbie told me I will have to pay the cancellation fee if I want to cancel because I still have a contract with them. No matter how I emphasised that the email clearly says that I should not be paying any cancellation fees, the staff did not agree with me and insisted that a cancellation fee will apply. I requested to speak to a manager and she told me that she will contact her Manager and I will receive a call back from Chris in the next day. However, I still have not hear anything from them till now.

The email I received from Rachael Barrass on the 7 Jan was address to me with my name on it. In my understanding that this is a written agreement from a VM representative - Director of Customer Service, how can it be revoked just like that? I cannot believe such a big company would put the customers in such a difficult situation when we want to just cancel their service. This is making us angry and would never consider using their service again. And not to mention to share the poor experience to others.

I hope someone here would help me to relay the message to Racheal Barrass and assist me in cancelling my current contract.  

Regards,

Teresa

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Rachel Barrass

Hi TeresaCh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry that you're having some issues when speaking to the team about your package, I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide. 

We can certainly take a closer look into this and see what's going on. To do this I'll pop you a personal message now and we'll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad I was able to help with this @TeresaCh,

We'd love to have you back in the future so do let us know if there's anything we can help with 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
TeresaCh
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Sorry that I need to trouble you....I've just received an email for my new bill and it is showing that my bill from 24 Jan - 23 Feb with a full month charge of £34. As you have helped to cancel my contract to 14 Feb, shouldn't the bill be adjusted to 24 Jan - 14 Feb? Would you be able to look into this for me as I worry that if I call to the customer hotline and they would have no idea what I am talking about. Many thanks for your help in this.

Teresa

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you are billed as normal until canceled you will then get a refund of an overpayments
0 Kudos