Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Anyone

Hello,

II would like to contact someone form Virgin Media, and the only way I can see to do this at the moment is by posting on here? There's no live chat or emails, and none of the 'self help' articles answer any of my questions.

Also I don't feel comfortable discussing all my questions/situation here, is there no private way of doing this without having to post it to an online forum that anyone can see?

Thankyou!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contacting Anyone

Hi VikkiTeasdale,

Sorry to see you are having a hard time contacting Virgin.

Have you tried the text messaging service?

Just send  a text with a description of your problem  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.

Otherwise wait here and a member of the Forum Staff may pick this up for you, but it may take a day or two.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

VM do not do email support, and the chat support can be up / down due to the limited number of staff in the contact centre's.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've sent two text messages over a week ago and have had no reply to either – so frustrating.

The only responses I've had is via Twitter – but even then they just send me back down cul-de-sacs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rooga7, thanks for the message, the text team will be in touch as soon as they can. Is it a technical or billing issue? Are you able to provide any further information in regards to this. ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

derekm64_0-1599682040679.jpeg

From the uSwitch web site but it puts things into perspective. Contacting Virgin Media is hard, frustrating, difficult, time consuming... pretty much everything that customer service shouldn't be. 

Most of the time the mobile service works just fine, but any problems you may encounter are soooooooo time consuming it's just plain wrong. 

Post COVID almost every company in the UK has managed to successfully rework how the traditional call centre operates internally, except Virgin Media, which appears to have just taken the opportunity to shut them all down.

0 Kudos