cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Number Change

Louise515
On our wavelength

How do I change the contact phone number in My Virgin Media? The desktop web page won't let me...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ah okay, I'll raise this with the team to investigate. Thank you @coenoby

@Louise515 I can change the contact at our side. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Louise515

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to change your contact number via your online account. What error message do you get when you try to change the number? Is this the same on both the website or through the app

Here to help 🙂
Carley

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Carley_S 

Hi, I have just tested changing my telephone on my VM account and it comes up with the error "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again"

Not sure if that's what @Louise515 is seeing but there is definitely a problme there. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I get 'Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again' 

Louise515
On our wavelength

Yes - same issue for me. The current number is years old and defunct. I don't have any app...

Ah okay, I'll raise this with the team to investigate. Thank you @coenoby

@Louise515 I can change the contact at our side. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Louise515
Glad we've got your account fully updated today. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I am having the same problem changing my phone number in the account settings through the website. I.E "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again"
Any ideas as to how I can input my current number, thanks in advance

Hi @Lennon1940_1980,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues when trying to change your account details. Normally we would suggest doing so as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media However in your case, I have sent a private message to further look into this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you! That was most helpful 🙂