cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer rights Violation?

RageCage
Tuning in

I was sold over the phone an upgrade to my package, I was told my contract would end and this was a great deal, better tv package faster broadband and an O2 sim card. I was in the car at the time so couldn't check anything the advisor was saying. I told them I didn't want the Sim but they said it would be cheaper to get it and not use it. 

After a few days I realised I didn't have my BT/TNT sports and the rest of the TV was the same so in fact it was downgraded. 

I phoned to exercise my right to cancel within the cooling off period and was put through to Customer relations where I was met with an argumentative brick wall. Refused my request to cancel as I was in an 18 month contract. After pointing out I have a 14 day cooling off period he said it didn't matter as I'd need to pay a cancellation fee as I ended my old contract early. I said well just put me back on my old package then, this was also refused as it no longer existed. I asked to speak to someone else as I wasn't confident he knew what he was talking about and he said that was rude and he ended the call.

I phoned straight back and the next adviser cancelled the contract immediately. 

All I wanted was my old package back but the way that agent handled the call had me cancelling the whole lot!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RageCage 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

So sorry to hear about your recent experiences with us on the phone regarding your package. Glad to hear the most recent contact with us has managed to get this sorted, however I would like to raise an investigation based on your feedback so we can take appropriate actions. We can also raise a formal complaint if needed so there is a record of this and we can discuss anything further you would be looking for as a resolution. 

We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Once again we see the telephone sales mafia can not be trusted

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RageCage 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

So sorry to hear about your recent experiences with us on the phone regarding your package. Glad to hear the most recent contact with us has managed to get this sorted, however I would like to raise an investigation based on your feedback so we can take appropriate actions. We can also raise a formal complaint if needed so there is a record of this and we can discuss anything further you would be looking for as a resolution. 

We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋

Just returning to this public thread to keep it updated. 

Huge thanks to RageCage for PMing with me 📩, and for their patience and understanding whilst we got things sorted. 

A complaint was raised and an internal investigation launched into agent conduct as a result of their experience. We are unable to share the findings of this investigation but any appropriate actions will be taken internally. 

As a result of this, they decided to remove the cancellation request and will be staying with us! Really pleased to see we were able to turn things around for you, and provide a better experience. 🥳 The complaint has now been resolved with their consent on this basis. 

If there are any further issues in future please don't hesitate to get in touch, we are always here to help. 

Molly