Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Constantly let down by Virgin Media

I signed up on 7th January during your TV offer. No mention of the TV was said during the phone call. I went on Live chat and your advisor Aly confirmed that I woul be getting the TV. Was told to wait 2 days for an email.

10th Jan, I called back as no email had arrived. I was apologised to and told it would be escalated and the advisor again confirmed that I would get the TV. They stated 72hours and then I would have my answer and email.

14th Jan I called back because I hadn't heard anything, only to be told that I wasnt eligible for the TV even though I had it confirmed in writing by Live chat. 1 hour on the phone and I was cold transferred to the Sales team.

Indeah Botelli confirmed that I would get the TV. She then re-escalated to the rewards team after sending me an email so i could send the live chat screenshots.

I spoke to the complaints team who promised they would resolve after calling me back and then told me they had to escalate again.

Indeah Botelli then sent me an email promising me the TV from the offer.

Complaints team manager confirmed again that I am eligible for the TV and there are notes on my account from Livechat after I sent them the proof. Complaints manager then told me that they could not provide me with the TV so an agreement was made for the price of the TV to be added as a credit on my account.

Complaints manager advised they would confirm this by email and it would be 24hrs

48 hours later and I've just spent 2 hours on the phone and got nowhere.

Your manager in billing put the headset on the desk and walked away for 20 minutes to then cold transfer me to cancellations.

I have spoken to twitter, facebook, over the phone, live chat and completed the complaint form. 

15 days after I raised this and I'm still being lied to and ignored

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly let down by Virgin Media

Sorry to hear that I_Am_Nubz, this is not the experience we want you to have with us. Can you confirm the last time you spoke to us regarding this and what was advised? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, terms of a contract (including verbal and marketing materials) are legally binding if a customer relies upon them when entering into the contract.  So if you've got proof that VM promised you a TV either through marketing materials or the statements or messages of their representatives, VM owe you a TV or compensation to enable you to go and buy one.

Don't be fobbed off, follow the VM complaint process through to the end, and if they've still not come up with a totally satisfactory offer, then escalate to the arbitration service CISAS.  Not only will that give you an independent hearing, but VM have to pay the fees (I suspect around £400), the findings of the arbitrator are binding on VM, but not on you.  So if you were not satisfied with CISAS conclusions, you could still make a claim against VM in court via the small claims process.  But to go to CISAS you need to have exhausted VM's complaint procedure (or VM have not resolved the matter to your satisfaction within eight weeks), and there's a very clear expectation by courts that you've given the company the chance to solve the issue themselves, and then sought out arbitration before starting legal action. 

I get the impression that this "free TV" offer was perhaps a big bit ill thought through at Virgin Media Towers, and now they don't want to honour the pledge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yesterday. 

Multiple times over the last 16 days.

I was lied to, your customer service was rude and refused to think about the customer of situation. Constantly just reading from the system. Your managers are worse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200123-145027_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I_Am_Nubz,

Sorry to hear that you've had difficulty with a tv offer and understand that you're unhappy.

I can see on your account that you've spoken to my colleague who have investigated  this and it is resolved.

You shouldn't need to contact us via different methods to get this looked into and I'll feed this back onto the relevant teams as it shouldn't have taken this long.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The original TV Offer concern is resolved but the issue with the customer service that I have received is not.

I still have a complaint regarding the customer service that I have not been contacted about.

I also have a DSAR for the call recordings and shall be transcribing them to post to highlight how bad the customer service was that I received.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply there @I_Am_Nubz

If you have now requested a DSAR, we have 30 days to respond to this request. 

I have located your account and will pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and assist you with resolving your open complaint. 

Look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have given this over a week and I am still having the frustrating situation of having to deal with customer service advisors who do not use logic, nor do they care about customers who pay thier salary.

Not helpful at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I_Am_Nubz,

I can see that you've been speaking with my colleague via private message and she's provided all the relevant information. I recognise that you're waiting on the requested data, but there is an official process we must follow in order to obtain this. Any requested information which remains on our systems will be provided to you within 28 days from the request being logged internally.

As this time period has not yet passed, we would not escalate further at this time. We really appreciate your continued patience in this matter and I can assure you that this will be with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos