cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly being charged for Netflix every month

jpw80
Joining in

I am writing on behalf of my elderly father who has repeatedly been charged £15.99 on his Virgin media bill for Netflix despite not actually having it.

Apparently he activated it clicking through on the TiVo sometime in June , saw it on his next bill and contacted VM to cancel it and was told that it he needed to cancel through Netflix as it was nothing to do with VM. So he rang Netflix and got told the opposite, he needed to cancel through VM as it’s their bill that the charge is on. Cue lots of being on hold with VM before being assured that it had been cancelled and would not be on the next bill.

sure enough it appeared again on the bill next month, so he rang them again, got the same story, it’s been cancelled. 

Long story short, it’s still not cancelled 6 months later. During this process I helped him complain via webchat where he was assured again that it was cancelled and the charges were waived , they raised a complaint for him and he received email acknowledgment from the Resolutions Team that the complaint had been resolved, although none of the charges have been refunded and it’s still being billed despite multiple claims that it is cancelled, so we replied and said that it hadn’t been resolved, and requested a deadlock letter. This response was over two weeks ago and has been ignored.

We have evidence of all these assurances of the cancellation in webchat and email and yet it keeps on getting billed.

I really don’t know where to go now, they are just ignoring him, whenever he got through on the phone previously they just fob him off and make false assurances. 

What can we do to escalate this and get through to someone who can actually resolve it?

1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jpw80 👋 Welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

So sorry to hear about this experience with your Dad and our Netflix service. This is certainly not the sort of service we aim to provide, and I can appreciate your frustration at the ongoing situation. 

We would need to take a further look at the account so we can investigate, and offer further support with the complaint. In the meantime you can view complaints via My VM here 👉 https://virg.in/mycases and find our complaints code of practice here 👉 https://virg.in/comcop
We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly