cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering leaving

Toniharry89
Joining in

Received a new bill home up by 13 pound without being told again. I will definitely be leaving it’s getting to be a bit of a joke they just throw prices up when it’s suits it’s a joke 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Toniharry89 

Have you been on a new customer or discounted contract that is coming to the end of the minimum term?  If so this may account for the price increase. Each bill, including on emails  you receive advise of any ongoing discounts and when they are due to end.

Contact VM and either give your 30 days cancellation notice or negotiate a new deal.

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

When you decide to renegotiate/cancel the best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Choose option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority..

You could try the live messenger chat

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Also, as indicated on that page, you can use good old snail mail to cancel.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Don't phone customer services & suffer a run around.

It is best to cancel by signed for letter :
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Toniharry89 

Have you been on a new customer or discounted contract that is coming to the end of the minimum term?  If so this may account for the price increase. Each bill, including on emails  you receive advise of any ongoing discounts and when they are due to end.

Contact VM and either give your 30 days cancellation notice or negotiate a new deal.

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

When you decide to renegotiate/cancel the best method and time to contact them is to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Choose option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority..

You could try the live messenger chat

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Also, as indicated on that page, you can use good old snail mail to cancel.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Toniharry89,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, we are sorry to hear about this!

I can see @newapollo has given you some great advice which we would reflect to you as well. 

If you're coming to the end of your contract this month, this may be why because any promotional offers are coming to an end. 

Please give the Retention Team a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 at 8am in the morning to avoid the long call queues. 

If you are looking to cancel completely, then refer to this helpful link with all our Cancellation Methods

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Megan_L