Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connection cables

I have a pair of old (30 years) NTL cable wall connection boxes. One is in a room connecting  the TV V6 box and the other is in another room connecting the Hub 3 broadband.

I want to bring all of this together in one room, so tpthe broadband connects directly to the tv rather than via WiFi and also so that Hub and V Box are all in the same place.

I cannot do this using my current cables. However, I notice that newer installations from Virgin have a multi-cable or splitter coming from the wall socket which allows the fibre to connect to both hub and v box from a single wall socket. 

How do I get hold of these items so that I can rearrange my setup. Looking online I understand that it will cost me £99 to arrange a non-fault callout from a Virgin technician.  I think this cannot be correct, can someone please help/advise me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cables

I can confirm £99 is the correct fee for non fault call outs

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

what tengths do you require? If you PM me your details I will see if I can get a tech to drop you off a quick start kit if they are passing. 

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, how do I message you?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Brian,

hover your cursor over the name VM-Jon name and a box will pop up. Click on the envelope.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for help. Pm sent.

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon,

The cables have arrived today. Thanks for all of your help to resolve this issue, excellent service.

Brian 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos