Menu
Deniz
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Confused and cheated...?

My old contract as a new customer is coming to an end on the 23rd of July. I recently called and got a deal suggesting that my new bill would be £31 a month and I accepted. Within that phone call, I asked him (3 times) whether that £31 would change (or increase) at ALL. He completely assured me that no changes would happen. I have a recording of this call. 

However, today I got an email from virgin informing me that I would be paying £3.50 more. I called up and a worker told me that the change is going to affect my contract and that the person I originally talked to, was misinformed. I am mad, I can barely afford the £31 let alone £35.

SO, I call (again), to cancel, and another worker tells me that the system shows nothing regarding an increase in my bill, thus my £31 contract is fine.

I am unsure what or who to believe. I personally feel cheated and confused. What do I do?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused and cheated...?

normally when contracts expire, come off the new customer deal price will go up so sounds about right going up to £35 sounds like the person you spoke to first time was getting it totally wrong

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused and cheated...?

Hi Deniz. 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

If you signed up for a fixed price offer, this will remain at its current price, without the price increase, until this discount expires. Following this period, you will see the increase added to your account. For more info on the price increase please see here

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos