cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation of cancelled order

Chayce
Joining in

Hi,

I received a call from Virgin Media's offshore sales team yesterday at 17:42 pm, and was aggressively pushed to upgrade from my existing M100 Fibre Broadband package to a TV + Phone + Broadband(maximum speed) package. The sales representative spoke rapidly and continuously, leaving little room for interruption and insufficient time to process the onslaught of information.

I did manage to interrupt her twice and plainly state that I am content with my current M100 broadband-only package and do not require anything else. On both occasions, she stated that she understood, but went on to explain that because I am no longer under contract, it is preferable to sign another 18-month contract to lock in the annual price increase and save money. According to the way she explained it, my broadband-only package would increase from £45.50 to £56 per month, and because the increase is unavoidable, I could get the fastest broadband speed, a phone line rental, and a TV package for the same price.

After the phone call, I checked my virgin media account and found a pending order for the TV + Broadband + Phone to be delivered on the coming Tuesday 22 March. I then search online and found a recent article from moneysavingexpert.com on this price increase and to my astonishment it is not £56/m but £56/yr. Not only am I not saving money, but I am also spending more on packages that I do not need.

I called back and was transferred between agents until I reached a UK-based agent who was able to cancel my order, as the offshore team apparently lacks the authority to do so. After two hours of this nightmare, I was able to cancel my order and enter into an 18-month contract with only my existing M100 Fibre broadband.

The open order has also vanished from my online account, but this morning I received an email for the TV+ Phone + Broadband contract, rather than my new M100 broadband-only contract. This new contract also appeared in my online account and is scheduled to begin on March 22nd.

I don't want any nasty surprises when Yodel arrives on my doorstep on Tuesday 22 March to deliver the cancelled order. I'm simply seeking confirmation that this is a technical error. I'm not interested in going through the agony of dealing with the offshore team once more to confirm this.

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chayce,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear you have had trouble trying to get confirmation of a cancelled order and that this isn't reflecting on your online account.

I will be more than happy to help and confirm which package is showing our end, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.