cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely useless customer service

Annamgascoigne
Joining in

My contract ended 7th Sept 23, and I was not sent a reminder so did nothing and therefore charged £72.50, normally pay £36.  I spoke to retention team and based on the information I was given i.e. new 18 mth contract £35 mth, he talked me through my new package price and my next bill via WhatsApp, My new monthly service charge thereafter will be £35, any calls or PPV's made on your account will be additional.  Your next bill will be £1.25- including any pro rata charges as we have changed your package and the bill after that will be £35.

I said ok but what about the £72.50 you have taken from my bank account today?  he said, "Since the bill has already been generated, we can be able to ament that.  But nothing to worry for your next bill on the 09/10/23 you will not charge for anything?", I understood this to mean, I would not be charged anything on the 09/10/23.  So 2 days ago 09/10/23, Virgin Media has taken £74.13 from my bank.  I have spent 2 days in a queue via WhatsApp and also having very brief conversations over WhatsApp but getting no where, on an actually call with Divya, a customer service agent, she told me I would not get a refund as my contract did 8th October, I told her I was looking at my contract as we spoke and it started 8th September, I also have the written conversation with the retention team stating I would not be charged October. Anyway no one is helping, I feel like I was given false information and mislead into taking a new 18mth contract, surely this is fraudulent.

1 REPLY 1

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Annmgascoigne,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your billing for your new contract. 

I am happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin