Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Completely ignoring all contact

I have been trying to get in touch with virgin media regarding an urgent account matter, having used the im service and the text number, the only contact I have back is daemon sent quality questionnaire. I get it that things are difficult at the moment, but other organisation are offering a level of service all be it reduced, Virgin Media is not.

Anyone who works in a call centre can work from home.

If any of you have a mechanism by which I can make contact I would be most grateful

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Completely ignoring all contact

vm are still offering the same services at a lower level

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the interest but by service, I mean someone to respond to my request, I sent a text more than 24 hours ago, as I was informed that was the only way to get in touch
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you can also try the call center best in the morning aster 8

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ebprr wrote:

I have been trying to get in touch with virgin media regarding an urgent account matter, having used the im service and the text number, the only contact I have back is daemon sent quality questionnaire. I get it that things are difficult at the moment, but other organisation are offering a level of service all be it reduced, Virgin Media is not.

Anyone who works in a call centre can work from home.

They really cant if you've outsourced to overseas, those people are under lockdown and do not enjoy the connections we in the first world do.

Not a defence in any way shape or form, just pointing out the single point of failure VM are suffering from.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

there is a number of issues there isn't there. Firstly if they outsource then they take a risk, sometimes the risks you take bite, and it should be the customer who suffers because of cavalier business practice.

and in any event  I am sure there are plenty of people here in the UK who have been let go from their current jobs who would be happy to work from home, to tide themselves over.

It's all about there willingness to do solve peoples problems, and as I said pretty much every agency that I have had to deal with during this crisis is offering a contact point, why are VM different ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'Anyone who works in a call centre can work from home'

they most certainly cannot. many use in house software. not everything is cloud based nor do some companies want their staff being able to have home access.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps systems architecture and software is not one of your strong points. 

Whether  software is cloud based has absolutely nothing to do with whether its feasible for people to work from home, any multi user system can be configured for home working.

Where I do agree with you though is in the question of intent, that some employers don't trust their employees to work from home. Now if that is the case why are VM  prepared to trust such people with our data, that's an even more worrisome issue.