Menu
Ymorg19
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Complaints

Sorry if this question has been asked time and time again but I submitted 3 different complaints to Virgin and no responses since March. I've recently had an email saying 'customer apologised to and complaints closed' which is frankly ridiculous as i I still waiting. It was to do with missold package which I've seen few posts on since. Any idea how to escalate it. My original complaint has the entire time line and numbers of contacts with virgin. It's appalling they're trying to sweep it under the rug.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaints

These "didn't get the deal I agreed/mis-selling" situations happen from time to time.  However, your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour anything that was promised, whether they like it or not.  I will flag this for the forum staff can pick this up and get it sorted - and not some less attractive compromise.  That would be the best and quickest resolution for both parties, and the best way of trying to recover some goodwill in a bad situation. 

If it can't get be sorted in that complete manner, you need to escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS (read the customer guidance notes on their website first).  If it goes to CISAS seek additional compensation for the hassle and poor complaint handling as well.  In the meanwhile, don't do anything daft like stopping your direct debit, that'll be recorded as a credit default, and opens up whole new realms of difficulty for you.  From published data, the majority of complaints escalated to CISAS, either the company immediately concedes, compromises, or loses at the end of arbitration.  Sadly that's not quick, and you would be looking at 6-8 weeks to get it resolved.

As I said earlier, hopefully the forum staff can get this resolved quicker and without the formality.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ymorg19
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well due to the issues I had and and failing to acknowledge any form of agreement (6 hours spent on phone to resolve this) I ended up cancelling my contract and moving on. It was such a hassle  it frankly speaking with the issues I had and clear lack of acknowledgement to the issue I didn't want anything to do with them in that regards. I however expressed strongly at each phone call how I am waiting for them to acknowledge the issue and resolve it but no one seems interested. The missold package I had apparently did not exist and they refused to honour it. It was genuinely something else.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ymorg19,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for our first posts.

Sorry to hear you experienced this with your package. We further apologise that you were unable to resolve this with our team and therefore terminated your contract.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,  

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ymorg19
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying but I am still awaiting a full response to my complaint. I genuinely don't see the issue here, why can't someone have a look at my complaint and address it? Hence the comment on here. I don't think it's too much to ask considering the complaint is pretty serious.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know @Ymorg19.

I have just had a look in your account using your forum details and I am unable to see any open complaints. Do you have a reference number for your compliant? How did you file this complaint?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ymorg19
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you read my comments above that's what I am saying. Complaints were closed with an email reading apologised to customer which is not true. The last person I spoke to about my final bill did apologies but said the complaints team has been busy and it will be chased up. After that all I had re my 3 complaints was an email saying apologised to customer which is not a satisfactory answer.

Complaint reference: C080321247 and complaint reference: C-070321783 - original complaints

Complaint reference: C-2003211923 - subsequent complaints

Once again I can't believe I am taking more out of my time to explain to you what the issue is when surely you can look into my accounts and check previous complaints made and verify action taken? Surely you have that facility on your system?

I am happy to deal with this with a phone call if you give me a time and date when you intend to call.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for clarifying this @Ymorg19.

I have sent you a private message in order to further look into this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top righthand corner of the page and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ymorg19
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I will. Just so you know, it's been nearly two months since my initial complaint! Only one response was received and that was after the final call I made to you re my bill in April.

0 Kudos