Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Complaints

Hi

Is my complaint actually being looked into.  As a new customer the service I have received has been appaling to say the least. 

My first payment is due Monday.  Do you want me to just make the payment minus the £50 join up fee I was promised from a friend referring me?? Bearing in mind you wanted to take the payment on the 16th when I clearly stated to set my direct debit up on the 22nd of the month which is when I get paid.

Quite frankly I'm slowly loosing my patience with this all now. 

Regards

Tracey Trotter 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaints

no you have to pay the full bill. If you do not you'll get the service suspended

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi TraceuTJW

I think there may have been some confusion over the timing of the £50.

The £50 is applied 28 days after the account goes live, this is in case you cancel within the first 14 days.

https://virginmedia.aklamio.com/?source=myVM_dashboard

How and when will my friend and I receive our cash reward?

Your friend will be eligible for the reward at the same time as you are. After your friend has had their services installed for 28 days, or if it’s a mobile order 28 days after the phone or SIM is delivered, you’ll both be eligible for a reward providing they’ve not cancelled their new contract within this time.

Once the cancellation period has expired, we’ll send your rewards to Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio. In some cases, it can take up to five weeks after your mate’s services have been installed or their phone delivered for Aklamio to pop the reward in your referral accounts. Aklamio will contact you when the rewards have been confirmed, and both of you can have it paid into either your bank account or PayPal account at any time from your referral accounts.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  None of this was ever explained to me along with the month in advance.  I literally spoke to VM yesterday and explained I would make payment as agreed on the 22nd when I signed up. They agreed it was OK and they then suspended my services today. 

That is not good customer service.  I had to borrow this money to pay today to get them restored as I work from home. 

I'm afraid it's a few things and as a new customer I would not expect them to treat a customer this way. I have logged a formal.complaint and tbf I don't think I will renew after my 13.months.  Hey Ho so the wheel turns.. Haven't read one positive review on them and wish I stuck to my instincts now because couldn't of received better service than I did when I was signing  up.

Thanks

Tracey 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If you didn't pay the full bill before the due date the system will suspend your account automatically. I don't think CS can override that.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com?languages=en&stars=5
Some passive reviews But remember people do not leave good reviews when things work. They only go after review sites when things go wrong

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi againTracey,

I'm sorry for the confusion on all points. At the time of registration if done over the phone then the agent should have read out the terms and conditions.

I must admit when I worked in a call centre and had to read out terms and conditions it became laborious, and am afraid at times I must have sounded uninterested, plus I have a dreadful accent 🙄

I used to wish I could have the TOC's taped and all I would have to do is press play. I realise it's all a lot to take in over the phone, and would always suggest the customer check it out online.

Personally as a customer myself, I tend to switch off listening and can't wait for them to finish the spiel, so often miss things, plus I can't wait to get off the phone. But enough about me, I digress.

The £50 should have been explained fully at the time of the original registration, or if not I would say you should have been pointed to where to find it on the website. The billing system should also have been explained, in particular the amount of the first bill.

The billing system would automatically suspend your account if the full payment hadn't been made on the due date. Often payments made over the phone can take up to 48 working hours to update in systems, and even if overridden can again impose the restriction until the systems fully update with the payment.

I'm pretty sure you will have far better service going forward and will be happy with your chosen services, but if you do have any other issues in the future, then come back here as the Forum Staff are top class.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Your company is a joke, for months I have had nothing but issues with my account. It was disconnected without my knowledge then when I tried to get it reconnect I was lied about it and told I would get a deal once the reconnected it. They didn’t and jabs to complain a manger was involved and apart my fixed it then on 8 June I was giving a loualtu deal and nothing else was said and my first bill would be fire on 17 July. Well that never happens you ever set up the direct debit and then only on 28’julyntomsayni missed a payment and bills now over a£100 blfornjisy broadband on its own at £27’per month. I have complained 3 times . One on the phone which was 1 hour and 43 minutes of my timed and cost on a non virgin phone agian my internet has stopped function despite me paying the actual bill I was told I would be Paying ( not your made up bill). If not sorted this is going the ombudsman immlewbimg for good this time. Btwnyoir internet is not working again despite your false messages , so p sort it or I seek legal advice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @Gamer82 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your bills. When speaking with the customer care team what have they advised? 

When the account was disconnected were you still in a contract with us? 

Do you have a complaint reference number that I can take so that I can have a further look into this? 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi zac,

As mentioned the fault is on your end and I expect it to be dealt with. I’m a vunerable customer with health issues and I rely on my connection. This is the 3rd issue  caused by your team during lockdown and I have no connection here despite paying the bill you sent me of £44.33 for which you never set up correctly and didn’t take and you didn’t contact me to say so until 28th July after you had already applied a late fee.

Also you claim the bill is over £100 when this is incortect the loyalty pack I was awarded is £27 a month and the first bill was to be £44.33 I have that in writing.

theres nothing owed previously etc no other fees to be paid etc .if not sorted you can be assured I will be taking this to Ofcom as you have been given guidelines which you are not adhering to , I have been mistreated, lied to and midsold on two occasions now in a meer matter of weeks .I won’t stand for excuses and lockdown is no excuse for your team not doing their jobs correctly.

as a communication company you have failed me several times now and you have breached my contract and any faith I had in you.

my recent complaint that cost me 1 hour and 43 minutes on a mobile phone at my expense ! I have no idea what the agent has put down as she was also an issue on the call and she was refusing to take a complaint and didn’t tell me what she had noted. She gave me this Ref com-104172383

i would like this sorted and fully investigated before you loose me as a customer again and this time it will be for good no more chances will be given . 

I'm sending this to Ofcom also as well as the ombudsman . I have also made two further complaints via your online form and multiple complaints on Facebook and again no help whatsoever.  

All has been recorded as my evidence 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I can see that the complaint is with the correct team, it was logged 7 days ago, as per our complaint code of practice (that you can find here ) it can take up to 28 days for us to respond to a complaint. whilst we do try and resolve this sooner this isn't always possible. 

As part of there investigations it would be possible for our team to listen to any calls made so that we can see what you have been offered. 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos