Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Complaints process

i have spent a very frustrating afternoon on calls with the Virgin compaints team.  Yesterday I raised a complaint about the continued poor broadband service in my area.  Today I received a call from the support team to discuss something to do with a complaint, can't say what though as I was expected to give digits from my password over the phone.  Troubles is that at this stage I cannot be sure it is virgin calling as I do not recognise the phone number, so I won't give out those details.  The assistant said that as I ws unwilling to discuss the complaint it would be closed!!!!  I asked If I could call back so could be sure I was talkking to Virgin but they said that was not the process

I immediately rang 150 & selected the option for considering leaving which put me throuhg to another operative in compaints.  They would not discuss the complaint as that does not follow the process & insisted someone needs to call me but as I'm 'Unwilling to help" by answering the security questions, the procedure is to close the complaint, despite the fact that clearly it is not cloised to my satisfaction.

I asked to speak to someon who could discuss the complaint but thais is also not in the procedure. I asked to raise a second complaint to say that the complaints procediure is flawed, but they wouldn';t do that either.  Every time I asked to speak to someone more senior, they said that the process was that the manager would need to call me but would ask the same security questions that I'm unwilling to give out for incoming calls.  CHECKMATE.   I asked if a password could be shared with me by the manager so I'd be confident that it was Vrigin calling me but that is equally not part of their procedure.  

Ultimately, unless you are willing to release security details to cold callers, the complaints [process is of no use to you at all.  Brilliant

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaints process

Hi Sjenkins,

Can you confirm what number called you? 

I can confirm we have to go through data protection to discuss your account and this includes open complaints on there too.

If you can get through data protection we can discuss your complaint

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the prompt response but how can we get through security when I am not willing to divulge my details over the phone to someone who cannot prove they work for Virgin?

@David_Bn wrote:

Hi Sjenkins,

Can you confirm what number called you? 

I can confirm we have to go through data protection to discuss your account and this includes open complaints on there too.

If you can get through data protection we can discuss your complaint

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am stuck in a contract until next February with a Company that effectively do not care about any complaints I have 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How do you want someone to prove they work for Virgin?

If you can issue me with the number that called you I can confirm if this is a genuine number of not. 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

I don't have caller display so that wouldn't help.

Called 150 today & got through to a very helpful advisor called Clare [Removed] wh has come up with a satisfactory solution.  The 3 or 4 other people i spoke to yesterday could lear a lot

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Sjenkins

OK, you should be able to get these numbers still by dialing 1471 on your handset, for future reference. 

Is everything now sorted for you? 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

But I can only do that after the call, not when I receive it!  Too late!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. 

My original question from yesterday was if you could confirm the phone number for me, so I could then confirm that this was a genuine call from Virgin Media. 

Did you manage to get the number for me? 

The caller display service is also a free service that we offer, if you want to re-add this we can do it via a web chat. Click this link when you have some free time

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Unless you're giving them the entire password its not even really going to matter, the easy way to see if its actually VM is to give them the wrong answers because they will straight up be able to tell you that those are wrong, which they would only know if they had the actual password already, common sense and logic eh 😛