forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
MNE22
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Complaints management process

Hello,

I signed up to the oomph deal back in December and with 'quickstart' as cable is already connected to property etc    After contract was put through the customer service person then says sorry you can't do 'quickstart' installation and that I would have to wait until January 13th for an engineer install ?   Most unhappy about this as missing all Christmas & New Year sport + movies + kids channels.    Tried on numerous occasions with customer service via webchat, text and phone and everytime no one can help or its a different department etc etc    

made 2 complaints online and both have been closed as VM 'couldn't get through' despite me and the rest of the country being at home since March 2020 !   

Resolution to each complaint was 'education given'  and to be honest its the VM customer service team that need education in customer service.   My question is what next.........do i email ombudsman or VM executives like Lutz Schuler / Daniel Potts ? 

0 Kudos
Dancampbell1978
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaints management process

Next step is ombudsman, but my word of advice is if you can get out the contract and leave, then do so,

broadband is fair when it works, but price hikes once your deal is up are way over a fair market price.

if customer service is important to you then leave as this is non existent.  I’ve wasted hours trying to complain and be listened too, but get absolutely nowhere.  Logged 2 complaints, and still waiting on an answer, and doubt I’ll get 1.  Once it gets past 28 days I’ll be raising a formal complaint with  the ombudsman, and trading standards.
I also suggest leaving reviews with trust pilot and others.  

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MNE22, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry that there was a delay in your install and for any upset caused. 

We'd love to offer quick start where possible and aim to do so, but in some cases even if the property has already had the services there might be some issues stopping a quick start like the cables are damaged or no longer active and in these cases we would need to send an engineer out. 

I can fully appreciate that being unable to do a quick start caused a delay and we can certainly look into your complaint from here. 

I will need to pop you a personal message first and grab some details. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
MNE22
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma  neither of your reasons for denying me quick start are valid   (1) I am a current customer so cable is active  (2) The broadband etc has been working fine so no cable damaged           VM customer services across / chat / text / phone are so dis-jointed   

0 Kudos
Seagull79
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar issue which has yet to be responded to. Sold the Oomph upgrade, cancelled at the last minute. While there is some work needed to add a second box, other services should be able to be added remotely for existing customers but now I have a contract mess and no additional services.

I have raised a formal complaint but if VM had a joined up, customer centric approach, they would have far fewer issues to resolve.
0 Kudos
MNE22
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It gets better  I say enough's enough and cancelled my contract after nearly 1.5 hours being passed around pillar to post.   

Next day I receive a phone call on a mobile number from my 'account manager' who was sorry to see me leaving, you're a great customer etc and states he is going to post me out information on a better deal.  

Lo and behold I get an email next day saying congratulations you've taken out a new 18 months deal. I'm seething.......if this isn't fraud I don't know what is......the latest low in a long line of low's from VM

0 Kudos