cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints being closed before being acknowledged or answered

KatharineGM
Joining in

We have been cut off from all services for 2 weeks now, after an engineer broke the cable in the road. I have logged complaints relating to how this situation has been handled. I have complaint reference numbers. 

I have discovered today that my complaints are being closed without being responded to. Can anyone please offer any explanations? 

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KatharineGM,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us recently. I'm sorry to hear about your connection and complaint issue.

I was able to locate your account and after looking through the system, I can see that multiple complaints have been raised for this cable situation. Unfortunately, we're unable to keep more than one open complaint on our system. Therefore any duplicate complaints are automatically closed on our system. Your first complaint is still active and is being looked into by the dedicated team.

We are aware of your cable issue and our construction team is scheduling a new cable to be installed. Our team are working as fast as they can to have this issue resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Paulina_Z,
Thank you for your message.
It’s interesting that you state that your construction team is scheduling a new cable to be installed, because we have had no correspondence from Virgin Media to communicate any plan for reconnection.
We have been cut off from TV, phone and broadband for more than 2 weeks now. We were previously connected so have suffered a complete loss of service – I’d understood Virgin Media prioritised these cases?
The Back End Installation team called me on Wednesday to let me know that the re-pull, initially planned for today, was postponed but gave no explanation for why, and no date for a rescheduled appointment. When the engineers broke the cable 2 weeks ago, they knew immediately that a dig would be required to fix the issue and we were told that an application had been submitted to the council. I then contacted the Street Works team at our local council yesterday and discovered that no application has even been made for a permit for the work to be done. Why were we told the contrary?
When I received information that directly contradicted what I had been told by Virgin Media, I took to register this information with customer complaints. This was the complaint that was closed down immediately. Why? I then complained that you had closed my complaint without it even being looked at, and this was also closed immediately. I question whether this modus operandi complies with the Ofcom Code Of Practice? I have every right to complain to Virgin Media and I have every right to go back to you when I learn that the information I have been told appears to be incorrect.
All we would like is answers and a date for reconnection. Virgin Media have offered us no help whatsoever - not even a suggestion to reroute our landline number whilst we are missing calls to it.
There should be no rules surrounding how many complaints a customer can raise. We have legitimate reasons to log complaints and then to complain when our messages are closed and ignored without being delt with.
We would like some answers and a proposal for how long a reconnection might take – rather than be left in limbo as we have been. Is that too much to ask when you've caused us such inconvenience and stress?

Perhaps you could look into our case and complaints in more detail.

Thanking you in advance.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KatharineGM,

Thank you for coming back to me. I understand your frustration with what's happening and that not much information has been given to you. Apologies for this. 

I do fully understand the frustration however allow me to clarify. We aim to have one open complaint at a time and any new complaints are closed. The contents of the closed complaints are moved into the open complaint and they still stay on the account. We wouldn't keep more than one open due to wanting to avoid duplicating work.

I will be more than happy to discuss this issue further with you via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs