Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

Trying to get solution to various billing and porting issues. Finally got a response via online chat. operator said  they would submit complaint for me and gave me complaint reference. Was told I’d be able to view the complaint report on my account after 4/5 hours. Can anyone tell me where? Or is this another case of being fobbed off by Virgin? I don’t hold out much hope of the promise of being contacted within 48 hours to discuss my issues. Does anyone actually get contacted by a complaints manager? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Your suspicions are well founded.  From this forum it appears that VM agents promise manager callbacks routinely as means of placating customers and ending a call.  However, the customer service agents and team leaders have little or no control over their work scheduling, and demand for customer service outstrips available capacity, so they couldn't possibly call back even if they wanted to.  I would suggest that you have more chance of finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn on the same day you win the national lottery than getting a 48 hour manager call back.  And there's no way of expediting outbound contact from VM.

I can't speak on the claim of seeing a complaint in your online account, although it seems improbable to me.  

If you have a valid complaint reference there is a reasonable chance a complaint has been logged, but processing is slow at the moment, and that is causing grief for some other customers who have waited three months and still had no useful response.  Like here

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snaps47. Your earlier post (opens in a new window)

You say "Or is this another case of being fobbed off by Virgin? I don’t hold out much hope of the promise of being contacted within 48 hours to discuss my issues. Does anyone actually get contacted by a complaints manager?"

There is a whole team of people working very hard for us AND resolving a lot of issues.  They mostly work Monday to Friday so those Forum Member on at weekends are particularly stretched to instantaneously respond.

I am guessing from your first sentence "Trying to get solution to various billing and porting issues" that you have just had installed a broadband and phone package.  

Like you in June I was in a similar situation with an issue … again very similar to yours.  

Like you you the matter needed further investigation and I was given a "complaint reference".  

I have been polite and patient.  They have been extraordinarily diligent and kind … even generous … on my behalf.  

The Virgin Media product is excellent and reliable.  Do enjoy it … but remember at this time the Customer Service team have their own issues to deal with.  I agree with Andruser that it does take time to sort out but that is no reason not to be be understanding kind and patient.

Claws

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snaps47 thanks for the message and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that you have been having billing and porting issues in regards to the account. I understand that a complaint was raised, can you confirm the reference number and what resolution was provided on this chat?

It sounds like this complaint was escalated to a manager, can you confirm why we were unable to resolve this over the chat?

Chris.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Chris thank you for your reply. My complaint has not been resolved and I tried to explain the issues in a message earlier. Unfortunately when I went to post it I received an Authentication Failed Message therefore further customer service issues. I will message again after work tomorrow. More time and effort on my part.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply to my post.

The reference number for my complaint is COM104219268. My complaint was not resolved via web chat and the operator referred it to a manager. I was advised, last Thursday 27/08/20  that a manager would ring me back within 48 hours. I have received no call and enquiring via the Community Hub it seems that manager calls are nonexistent and people are told about call backs to placate them. I have received a £14.41 credit on my account which is annotated as a Managers good will payment, though I am grateful for this there is no explanation how the amount is calculated! I assume it is a refund of my call charges for August plus £6.00 credit for the three months I have been overcharged ie: £28 - £26 = £2 x 3. Could I please have an official breakdown?

My original complaint was regarding being charged £28 per month when it was agreed that Virgin would meet my previous supplier (Plusnet) quote of £26.00 when I was initially cold called. I complained via my account back in July and read that it could take up to 28 days. I did not receive acknowledgment of my complaint nor a copy of it. As I considered that this is bad practice for a complaint’s  procedure, I also sent another complaint regarding this issue and again received no acknowledgment or copy.

An issue regarding porting my old line number also arose. I was querying why my original number was not working only to be told that a porting request was not made either by the original sales person or by the installation engineer (both of who were told I wanted to keep my old number.) I was told to call the porting team myself – which I did. The request was then made but I was informed that my original number may not be available! A number I have had for 22 years so some stress materialised if this was the case. Luckily my number had not been allocated to someone else but I was on tender hooks awaiting the result. I was supposed to be contacted regarding the progress of the porting  but received no communication and had to ring for confirmation. Therefore I have been charged for a weekend call service that was not available to me from the outset.

Also my phone line availability is intermittent. When I try to ring out I hear a constant tone which indicates a number un-obtainable. I then try again and it works. Family and friends who ring me experience the same issue. I have tried to resolve this by speaking to an engineer who said that he would reset my hub remotely. This has not resolved the issue therefore I have a very poor service.

As my original complaint was not dealt with, the issue with porting and the phone line therefore I had to eventually communicate via web chat last Thursday. This was an experience which I do not wish to endure again. It took nearly seven hours, after being cut off five times, to eventually chat to somebody who seemed to know what they were doing and understood the issues. It was agreed that the £2.00 monthly credit would be honoured and shown on my account within 48 hours. This is not the case.

So my issues are:

• My original complaint regarding the promised £2.00 monthly credit on my account which has not been fully resolved.
  • Paying for service including weekend calls  which was not available to me as I still had a phone service via Plusnet until porting happened.
  • The issue about porting not being done by the installation engineer and the anxiety of almost losing my original number.
  • The intermittent phone service I am experiencing but paying full price for.
  • The very poor customer service and the inadequate complaints procedure which Virgin Media promotes.

My early experiences of Virgin Media being my internet service provider has been some what time consuming and frustrating. I have had to battle to get my voice heard and all the issues are not resolved. I feel the goodwill gesture does not compensate for the lack of phone and customer service received. I hope my issues are dealt with fairly and I receive a detailed reply covering all the above issues.

Yours, faithfully 

Simon Napper

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information Snaps47.

If the landline is included in the bundle package then this would indeed be charged per month but if you have a bundle offer then this would need to be on the account for the offer you're on currently. 

Did the team add the credit of £2 per month for you? If this was added as a rolling credit then it won't show on your bill but will manually be taken off before the payment is taken from your bank. 

Did your number port go through eventually? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Emily,

Thank you for your reply. My frustration is now bordering on being very annoyed. Can you please tell me when will I receive a reply from someone in authority regarding all the issues detailed in my last reply which was sent yesterday? I am not prepared to wait another 28 days of no communication.

Simon Napper

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Simon,

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've had and would love the chance to help you sort this out.

I'll send you a PM now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos