Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

I have tried to lodge a formal complaint over the phone twice and on the website twice, each was ignored.

I recently had a property up for sale. The house was empty but before the sale was completed, the buyer had Virgin Media installed. As the property still belonged to me, I'd like to know why the Virgin engineer trespassed in order to run the cable and why didn't you check with me (the homeowner) before any work was carried out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Hi TonbridgeTel,

Thanks for your post. Apologies but I'm not sure I understand your post, ' the buyer had Virgin Media installed.' If the buyer of the property had services installed, then it was done at the request of the buyer of the property.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

My point is that the buyer didn't own the property, I did. The sale of the house wasn't completed and if anything had gone wrong I would have been liable. I'm not sure how many properties you've sold but until the sale is completed, the house belongs to the seller not the buyer, and I didn't authorise Virgin to run any cables on my property. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you exchanged contracts? If so the sale is almost certainly going through so why bother complaining.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Until the buyer has given the money and has the keys it is not his property,just because the seller has accepted a offer we all know how things can change in the last few days before it goes through.

The answer to the question was he shouldn't have been on the property or do Virgin just go to any property they have received a call about and install.

Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A VM tech cannot install without being let into the property. So, it looks as if the buyer has a key.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not to do the first stage of the install,running the wires to the box outside the house.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So now has the sale completed, does the "buyer" now own the property in question?

Were/are you a freeholder or leaseholder?

0 Kudos