Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

• I wish to complain about the service I have received since leaving Virgin Media.
I received a demand for return of equipment whic is ok howver Virgin owe me money and I was not happy to return equiment while a debt was outstanding debt.
I spoke with an advisor and managers at customer service who proved to be a waste of time and threatened that my credit reported would be negatively impacted.
I then communicated via text with another operator who assured me that a complaint would be raised and i would not have to send the equipment back until Virgin Media had paid its debt to me. The text stated

That's not good to know, here what I'll do is will take your concern up myself and make sure you'll get the refund within the 45 days of the time frame from disconnection. Once you receive the refund, you can return the equipments.

I have now received a text stating a charge of £135 has been applied to.my account.

This is totally unacceptable and seriously bad customer service. I am a manager of a FTSE250 company and would not allow this type of situation to arise.

The service ignore messages, customer service is totally unacceptable 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Hi Dermot1900

Sorry you have had to post this on our forums 

From what you have advised it looks like this 

Your account would have been in credit after disconnection due to paying in advance 

The equipment would need returning

Our system would then apply the non return fee automatically 

If there is a credit on the account it would be taken off the non return charges until we our equipment back 

You can order a returns packagehere 

This can take around 10 days from sending off 

The refund will still be in process of being sent out 

I hope that makes sense 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

As I was owed money by VM I am legally entitled to retain VM equipment until i am paid the money owed. This is the law and over-rides VM T&C's. I have been threatened by one of your agents, lied to on a number of occasion and complaints ignore so no an explanation of VM actions does not make sense. All that has happened is VM acknowledging their illegal  actions 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

out of interest, could you sight this law.. since you withheld the return violated the T&C's in my opinion, and they took the action required.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes. The law if the Right of Lien which is:

The Law recognises a lien as a right to refuse the return of goods to the owner or another person asserting ownership or title over them until the debt owed has been satisfied.

This supersede the VM T&C which means VM acted illegally 

0 Kudos