Menu
Sjbrown152
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

Anyone know how best to contact someone who will deal with a complaint? I've had several phone calls and registered complaints .... but my complaint has never been dealt with properly. It's incredibly frustrating 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

If it's just something you want fixing, then maybe post the nature of the problem (no personal details) here.  There's plenty of people willing to help.

If it's beyond that and you want to push for resolution of your existing complaint/s, then you search, read and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice if you haven't already done so.  As a start this means the customer has to have raised a formal complaint, the best way is online, using the form in My Virgin Media, but sounds like by whatever route you've done this and have a complaint reference?  If a formal complaint gets rejected, ignored, lost, or the resolution is not to your satisfaction, then you escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CSIAS, but before you go down that route see if the forum staff can assist - they're a helpful bunch, and whilst they can't decide a complaint outcome, they can give the complaints team a prod, and if that gets a good result it is quicker and easier for both you and VM.  I would suggest that you avoid trying to phone VM regarding a complaint - you'll get stuck in complex circular menus, long waiting times, and end up speaking to agents who know nothing about the complaint and can't help you.

If you do feel the need to take it to CISAS, who operate much like the energy ombudsman, then check the customer guidance on their web site, taking particular note that before you do this, either VM have had eight weeks to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction but failed to do that, or you can go before that eight week "allowance" if VM have rejected a requested resolution and issued a deadlock letter.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @Sjbrown152 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you feel your complaint hasn't been dealt with.  Would you care to elaborate on what the complain is regarding?  We might be able to assist you further from here. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Sjbrown152
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately we have had issues with overcharging this year. 

I have spoken with customer services on 16th Jan, 22nd Jan, 27th Jan, 16th Feb, 15th march, 5th April and 6th April. Each time having reached an agreement on the issue but it has never actually been put in place.

I have put 2 complaints in via the virgin media site  with no response. 

I have a complaint reference and letter saying we reached a resolution. However I am receiving emails saying we have not paid our bill with extra charges added on. 

0 Kudos
Sjbrown152
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ... yes have tried the routes you have suggested with no success .... or should I say I thought it was successful until we started receiving non payment of bill emails.

We'll have to try CSIAS but fingers crossed the forum folk can give us a hand first

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @Sjbrown152 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that we can take a further look into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Sjbrown152 A word of advice in case you've not considered it: If VM's systems are hassling you for late/non-payment there a chance that this has been registered as a late payment or default under a credit agreement, which will mark your credit history for years to come.  When a company checks credit histories they generally get a report to cover the preceding six years, and that can affect mortgage applications/renewals, tenancy agreements, loans, credit cards, car finance, energy supply, telecomms contracts, and even be flagged up in pre-employment checks by large employers.

I'd suggest you check your credit history now, and if needed add correction of any errors to the issues VM need to resolve.  Because VM is more than a tad disjointed, getting agreement to correct a wrongful credit history item may sometimes not result in the necessary action, so if this applies, check that any necessary correction does actually get made.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks