cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint status

Alfredmanneruk
On our wavelength

The mods are useless and give false information.

You can view the status of your complaint at

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/view 

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread. @Alfredmanneruk please add more details so the Community can help]

10 REPLIES 10

Alfredmanneruk
On our wavelength

So I've been a loyal dog to Virgin media for over 2 years, my current contract ends in November, that's a good 7 months away, now get this, Virgin media are now hurting because so many have abandoned ship and moved to FTTP, hence why I have received 4 rude cold call from their Indian sweatshop call centers, the good news, I have opened a complaint with Virgin media, I have also contacted the citizens advice bureau, and I will take this to the claims court, thankfully I have all the calls recorded and will also upload it to social media.

First I get disturbed whilst driving with s rude guy who went take no for an answer, then I get disturbed three time after having a late night, you can see why I'll not back down, if this is kept open, I'll keep it updated, otherwise I shall take to my YouTube account.

Alfredmanneruk
On our wavelength

I'm not asking for help, I am providing help to to the person asking how to view status of complaint, it's useful for anyone searching for this information in the future.

Hi @Alfredmanneruk thanks for your post here in the community although I'm sorry to hear you're receiving unsolicited calls.

I have picked up that you have mentioned you believe the calls to be from Virgin Media, but can you confirm how you know this please as there can be scam calls where people claim to be from Virgin Media and are not? What is the number that calls you please?

I don't want to repeat information you've already been given, but this is the place to track your complaints - is there a problem with this page that's not enabling you to do this?

Many thanks

Tom_W

How do I know it was from Virgin Media you ask? Because the guy was trying to offer me a deal to lock me into another 24 months contract. I could upload the recording if you like.

Hi @Alfredmanneruk thanks for your reply.

I don't require the recording but if you could confirm the number that we called you from, this would be much appreciated so I can confirm or deny it's us? We don't have 24 month contracts, our contract length are 18 months.

In addition to this, you can manage your marketing preferences through your My Virgin Media account here and this would be my best advice on this, as if it is us then we'll make sure these calls stop when your marketing preferences are updated.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Correction, he tried to tie me into a new 18 months contract. I've tagged the calls so it's easy to provide the necessary screenshot of the incoming number. The Indians may have deployed a callers proxy however my phone was able to pinpoint the exact call center the call come from. Please don't try to deny that these aren't your Indians

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It's not about denying - it's about making sure the information you have is correct.

I have looked at those numbers and I can't find any affiliation to us from them - I've even rang them to see where it would go and 2 go to an incorrect number and the other 2 to somewhere I have no idea about. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

That's fantastic, you sure know how to BS, on another note, you company have already responded to me and even offered compensation, I just got off the phone with your company and they have put a flag onto my account for your outbound sales teams not to get in touch with any offers, I refused their dog biscuit compensation and have informed them unless it is to my satisfactory, I will continue to go ahead for damages with the small claims court, ultimately, I have been put under a great stress and it has messed up my day and schedule when the Indian call center called twice during the same day, my schedule is different in that I work nights, this f***ed up my sleep and prevented me from working the following night shift.

Yet here you are denying any affiliation with these numbers. Typical.

Screenshot_20220414-121744_Firefox.jpg

It's the offshore Indians I tell you, why did VM move their call centers to India is beyond me, then again, VM has been sold to some USA company and the quality of service has deteriorated a great deal. Thankfully, this is UK, we have government support to make companies who take the p*** pay.