Menu
Rfrosty
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Complaint resolution please?

Huge issues with virgin, it appears some call handlers either don’t have a clue what they are on about or don’t care, and there are others who do care and will do their best to help you. The problem I have is there are far far too many of the former.

firstly I contact Virgin to upgrade our package as our discount ended and bills would go up. I want to add the following has been resolved and accepted £20 credit but it is relevant to explain as a whole. 

the First Lady I speak to was helpful, gave us  a good offer, I explained I’d like to talk to my partner about it first, she said that’s fine and she will call back in half hour. She never did, after calling each day multiple times a day for 3 days all I was told is “just keep waiting”, finally I spoke to someone who said “her offer has expired you should of accepted it before she ended the call” which I think is rubbish, turns out it is BS. Anyway, the handler who told me that then gave us a ridiculously bad offer and was no way on earth it could be made any better, fair enough we said, we will look elsewhere. Agreed a good deal with Sky, paid a £10 deposit to have an engineer be booked in. I phoned virgin who said “oh sorry please don’t leave, we will match sky’s offer and do better” wow okay, let me talk to my partner about it as we actually already agreed to start sky so is a bit of a mess now, so after that we decided yeah we will stay with virgin and get our £10 sky deposit back. The call handler said before this, all you need to do is call back and accept the offer, he’d written down exactly what the offer was word for word so was clear as day for any other call handler to see and accept. So we did just that, and again get fed the BS of “we can’t honour that offer at all, it is there but we can’t offer it sorry” so we go through all that mess with setting up sky and cancelling and we are back to square 1 after 5 days of being messed around. So we call back up and speak to someone else about cancelling, who then AGAIN gave us an offer, which was the exact same as the first initial phone call. She then said the other call handlers have mislead me, and that they have a policy to honour any offer they have written down, and she can see the exact offer the call handler had given me when they price matched and bettered Skys offer. So she can actually offer me that if I wanted, I did want that and it was still better than the first offer. But she added to that, she can actually do better than that. Finally after 7 days we accepted an offer to start which included a second box, we was told multiple times that there are no engineer available due to COVID so fully accepted we won’t get this for a few weeks, however in this case the call handler was able to book an engineer suggesting their own policy had changed within the last 24 hours. So all was set. To add context to this, we didn’t even need an engineer, the tennant who lived here before us had multi room so had 2 cables set up which do work as I tested them before I asked for multiroom. Anyway, virgin say they won’t allow me to install and want to send an engineer despite not having any. Until this handler booked one for us. I then get a text 2 days later to say it’s cancelled, so I phone up and ask why. I then get an email saying our package has changed from what we actually agreed and bills would shoot up by £30 a month, and no reason was given for this I was told “we don’t know sorry” . Now this is where this situation is resolved but it actually isn’t, when I called and spoke to Mark he offered us £20 credit to say sorry for being messed around and said he had spoken to the area field manager in charge of engineers in our area, and he personally said to ignore the text, the installation is NOT cancelled and will go ahead as planned, and if anything was to change he would personally call me to tell me. This was all written word for word on your system. Okay accepted £20 credit sorted.

but then, I get second thoughts and doubt any of this is actually happening and for good reason, there is nothing in my tracked orders and appointments, so I call the day before and ask what’s happening, he said I won’t be getting my box as there are no engineers, I directed him to Marks clear as day note, it confused him, he passed me to someone else, the next person then said “yes I don’t know what he’s going on about it is going ahead don’t worry”. Supposed to be happening on a Saturday between 12-6, gets to about 11 o’clock on the Saturday and had no text and still had serious doubts, but have had no phone call from this manager to tell me it’s cancelled. Phoned up and the guy says he really doesn’t know, mark and the manager aren’t working so cannot say for sure and I just need to have my fingers crossed. Nothing happens gets to 1 o’clock and so I phone back up, the call handler genuinely cared so cannot fault him for it, he said he hopes it does come for everyone’s sake as people will get in trouble for it. He said the same just have fingers crossed. Gets to 6 o’clock and nothing, so I phone up and the guy says “no engineers are coming due to COVID” so I direct him to Marks note, I say no manager has called me so why has no one visited? I am pretty angry by this point and ask to speak to his manager as I had been on the phone for a total of 9 hours over this 2 week period for the pure fault of most call handlers. He said a manager will call me before 9pm on the Saturday, yeah that didn’t happen. Was on online chat until 11pm and just on hold so gave in and went to bed. Phoned up at 8am on Sunday and spoke to the rudest guy of the bunch. “Don’t you know there’s a pandemic on?” Which made me even angrier, I am not, and have never asked or expected for an engineer to risk their life to come to my house and give me a second box. That is irrelevant by this point. I offered Mark that I will make myself scarce for the entirety of the engineer being present for his safety. But my point is, I was promised by mark and the manager this would be coming and have just been messed around completely by everyone and all I ask is what was promised or at least an explanation or even apology for it. But the guy was so rude and didn’t care what mark and the manager had said. I ask he open a complaint which he did, I say that it, I am cancelling and virgin won’t get a penny from me, he puts me through to cancellations. Now this is the best and worst part of everything, I am defeated and fed up. I say to the lady in brief what had happened and I want to cancel. I said I don’t even need an engineer but no one seems to be able to comprehend this. She said in simple terms “listen, I can upgrade everything right now for you, and a courier can send the box in 2 days with a 2 hour window. If you are happy for me to do that I will, I just need to phone someone and will call you in 5 minutes” so I said yes, that’s all I want. She kept her word, whilst I was speaking to her all my boxes were rebooting to add channels and internet speed, I got an email for a courier slot almost right away. It took her 5 minutes with what seemed like complete ease. Why on earth could I not speak to this lady on day one, why did everyone else find it so difficult to just follow instructions by their own colleagues, why is this lady not promoted as she is head and shoulders above the rest. I said to her, you and mark have been the most helpful people to me through all of this, it’s unfortunate mark was not at work by this point. She then said that she’s actually in the same team as mark and knows him well and they are based at Teeside, now I don’t know who she called on that Sunday but I reckon she called Mark. Just a coincidence that the 2 people in the same team are the only efficient one of the at least dozen call handlers just so happen would of been trained by the same person. I said to this lady, please can the complaint still be open. I accepted the £20 but since Mark gave me that this has escalated and feel like I need more. She kept the complaint open. Now I’m willing to stay with virgin to the end of the contract but after this I am done. I haven’t heard from anyone about this complaint yet and it shows that I have nothing open on my cases. Is anyone able to help with this? All if this is competent fuelled by call handlers incompetence and twisting themselves up putting their own colleagues in difficult positions. I would like this resolved once and for all, I don’t feel it’s too much to ask

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint resolution please?

just a small edit to make it easier to read for the rest of us, hope you don't mind

Huge issues with virgin, it appears some call handlers either don’t have a clue what they are on about or don’t care, and there are others who do care and will do their best to help you. The problem I have is there are far far too many of the former.

firstly I contact Virgin to upgrade our package as our discount ended and bills would go up. I want to add the following has been resolved and accepted £20 credit but it is relevant to explain as a whole. 

the First Lady I speak to was helpful, gave us  a good offer, I explained I’d like to talk to my partner about it first, she said that’s fine and she will call back in half hour. She never did, after calling each day multiple times a day for 3 days all I was told is “just keep waiting”, finally I spoke to someone who said “her offer has expired you should of accepted it before she ended the call” which I think is rubbish, turns out it is BS. Anyway, the handler who told me that then gave us a ridiculously bad offer and was no way on earth it could be made any better, fair enough we said, we will look elsewhere. Agreed a good deal with Sky, paid a £10 deposit to have an engineer be booked in.

I phoned virgin who said “oh sorry please don’t leave, we will match sky’s offer and do better” wow okay, let me talk to my partner about it as we actually already agreed to start sky so is a bit of a mess now, so after that we decided yeah we will stay with virgin and get our £10 sky deposit back. The call handler said before this, all you need to do is call back and accept the offer, he’d written down exactly what the offer was word for word so was clear as day for any other call handler to see and accept.

So we did just that, and again get fed the BS of “we can’t honour that offer at all, it is there but we can’t offer it sorry” so we go through all that mess with setting up sky and cancelling and we are back to square 1 after 5 days of being messed around. So we call back up and speak to someone else about cancelling, who then AGAIN gave us an offer, which was the exact same as the first initial phone call.

She then said the other call handlers have mislead me, and that they have a policy to honour any offer they have written down, and she can see the exact offer the call handler had given me when they price matched and bettered Skys offer. So she can actually offer me that if I wanted, I did want that and it was still better than the first offer. But she added to that, she can actually do better than that.

Finally after 7 days we accepted an offer to start which included a second box, we was told multiple times that there are no engineer available due to COVID so fully accepted we won’t get this for a few weeks, however in this case the call handler was able to book an engineer suggesting their own policy had changed within the last 24 hours. So all was set. To add context to this, we didn’t even need an engineer, the tenant who lived here before us had multi room so had 2 cables set up which do work as I tested them before I asked for multiroom.

Anyway, virgin say they won’t allow me to install and want to send an engineer despite not having any. Until this handler booked one for us. I then get a text 2 days later to say it’s cancelled, so I phone up and ask why. I then get an email saying our package has changed from what we actually agreed and bills would shoot up by £30 a month, and no reason was given for this I was told “we don’t know sorry”.

Now this is where this situation is resolved but it actually isn’t, when I called and spoke to Mark he offered us £20 credit to say sorry for being messed around and said he had spoken to the area field manager in charge of engineers in our area, and he personally said to ignore the text, the installation is NOT cancelled and will go ahead as planned, and if anything was to change he would personally call me to tell me. This was all written word for word on your system. Okay accepted £20 credit sorted.

but then, I get second thoughts and doubt any of this is actually happening and for good reason, there is nothing in my tracked orders and appointments, so I call the day before and ask what’s happening, he said I won’t be getting my box as there are no engineers, I directed him to Marks clear as day note, it confused him, he passed me to someone else, the next person then said “yes I don’t know what he’s going on about it is going ahead don’t worry”. Supposed to be happening on a Saturday between 12-6, gets to about 11 o’clock on the Saturday and had no text and still had serious doubts, but have had no phone call from this manager to tell me it’s cancelled.

Phoned up and the guy says he really doesn’t know, mark and the manager aren’t working so cannot say for sure and I just need to have my fingers crossed. Nothing happens gets to 1 o’clock and so I phone back up, the call handler genuinely cared so cannot fault him for it, he said he hopes it does come for everyone’s sake as people will get in trouble for it.

He said the same just have fingers crossed. Gets to 6 o’clock and nothing, so I phone up and the guy says “no engineers are coming due to COVID” so I direct him to Marks note, I say no manager has called me so why has no one visited? I am pretty angry by this point and ask to speak to his manager as I had been on the phone for a total of 9 hours over this 2 week period for the pure fault of most call handlers.

He said a manager will call me before 9pm on the Saturday, yeah that didn’t happen. Was on online chat until 11pm and just on hold so gave in and went to bed. Phoned up at 8am on Sunday and spoke to the rudest guy of the bunch. “Don’t you know there’s a pandemic on?” Which made me even angrier, I am not, and have never asked or expected for an engineer to risk their life to come to my house and give me a second box.

That is irrelevant by this point. I offered Mark that I will make myself scarce for the entirety of the engineer being present for his safety. But my point is, I was promised by mark and the manager this would be coming and have just been messed around completely by everyone and all I ask is what was promised or at least an explanation or even apology for it. But the guy was so rude and didn’t care what mark and the manager had said. I ask he open a complaint which he did, I say that it, I am cancelling and virgin won’t get a penny from me, he puts me through to cancellations. Now this is the best and worst part of everything, I am defeated and fed up. I say to the lady in brief what had happened and I want to cancel.

I said I don’t even need an engineer but no one seems to be able to comprehend this. She said in simple terms “listen, I can upgrade everything right now for you, and a courier can send the box in 2 days with a 2 hour window. If you are happy for me to do that I will, I just need to phone someone and will call you in 5 minutes” so I said yes, that’s all I want. She kept her word, whilst I was speaking to her all my boxes were rebooting to add channels and internet speed, I got an email for a courier slot almost right away. It took her 5 minutes with what seemed like complete ease.

Why on earth could I not speak to this lady on day one, why did everyone else find it so difficult to just follow instructions by their own colleagues, why is this lady not promoted as she is head and shoulders above the rest. I said to her, you and mark have been the most helpful people to me through all of this, it’s unfortunate mark was not at work by this point. She then said that she’s actually in the same team as mark and knows him well and they are based at Teeside, now I don’t know who she called on that Sunday but I reckon she called Mark. Just a coincidence that the 2 people in the same team are the only efficient one of the at least dozen call handlers just so happen would of been trained by the same person. I said to this lady, please can the complaint still be open. I accepted the £20 but since Mark gave me that this has escalated and feel like I need more. She kept the complaint open.

Now I’m willing to stay with virgin to the end of the contract but after this I am done. I haven’t heard from anyone about this complaint yet and it shows that I have nothing open on my cases. Is anyone able to help with this? All if this is competent fuelled by call handlers incompetence and twisting themselves up putting their own colleagues in difficult positions. I would like this resolved once and for all, I don’t feel it’s too much to ask

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rfrosty
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Paul, my grammar is not my strong suit!

update: I just called and there are no open complaints, someone closes it at 2020 last night with a note saying “complaint resolved apology given to customer”, funny that, no one called me or emailed me to apologise so how can someone knowingly lie and close this without my permission? Now I have had to log a second complaint and back to square one. Unreal

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rfrosty,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you've had these complications with the team when trying to arrange and agree to an upgrade offer. To clarify, are you now on a package that you're happy with and everything is set up?

I can also see you've mentioned that you've raised a complaint due to the inconvenience of this whole experience, is that correct? I just want to fully confirm the situation before we proceed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rfrosty
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach, yes it was partially resolved with Bev in the fact that I have got the second box channels and internet ect but I do not feel that simply her doing this for us fully resolves anything because of the general awful customer service. It took 9 hours of phone calls over a 2 week period to speak to someone like Bev who resolved it in 5 minutes. The point is since Mark offered the £20 credit for the initial mess caused by other handlers it actually escalated worse after that point.

To put it simply yes the complaint is for the whole inconvenience of it all. But as you can see since I posted this we have also been lied to with the complaint somehow being closed as we accepted an apology? No one ever phoned us or emailed us this, so I suspect the person who was likely most in trouble for their behaviour has tried to save their own back by trying to sneakily close it without anyone noticing. Especially as the call handler today said the person who closed it had no ID and note just says “complaint resolved apology given” 

0 Kudos
Rfrosty
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A02EA522-91E0-44C3-9D5B-B29685C730E2.png

• Also I have no idea why the complaint is headed as broadband as it literally has nothing to do with broadband
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Rfrosty,

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that I can take some additional details from you and have a closer look at what's going on.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rfrosty
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Want to add to this that thanks to Zach the issue is now resolved. Thank you Zach much appreciated

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rfrosty,

You are more than welcome, I'm just glad that we were able to address and resolve your concerns.

If you ever need our help again in the future, feel free to reach back out to us here on the forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos