Menu
gill139
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Complaint resolution not acceptable

I have been unable to contact VM regarding their letters which have no dates on them. I complained using the online form that, after having contacted customer services in December, I have been charged an extra £5 this month even though my new package was guaranteed not to be increased for 18months when I accepted it in November. Even though one letter confirmed the amount I agreed in November and the resolution was deemed "Education" this only confirmed what was said in my phone call and it has now reverted to the higher amount as stated on my contract. The contract has never been altered since the inaccurate one I complained about. I have completed two online complaint forms as I have been unable to get any replies through CS or the text system. This morning I received two letters regarding C-2711201532, one said that,as I had not replied then it was closed.The other said, sorry taking longer than usual. The other complaint C-210121976 is still ongoing but the same issue. Please can someone clear this once and for all and correct my payment. I am so disappointed as I usually get top class service from VM hence I was persuaded to extend my contract yet again. Was I wrong?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint resolution not acceptable

the ability to rise prices is in the T&C that are part of your contract.
There is no fixed prices.

You have the right to cancel when a price rise happens as also agreed in the contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gill139
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is not at all helpful. I received a letter stating my December payment as agreed over the phone. This amount was agreed by the sales person emphatically stating as I may add that there would be NO price increase and a customer service rep confirmed this. I sent in a complaint C-050121161but could not get any replies to my text or phone calls and consequently added a further complaint as I stated in previous post. In yesterday's mail I received a letter stating I could go to CISAS which I may yet have to do. if I have been deceived then this will have to be my next course of action as my option to cancel will not be until May 22 as this was an 18 month contract. Please look at this again or pass on to another team member.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi gill139,

Thanks for posting.

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
gill139
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am still not quite sure what has happened. Just looked at my last bill and it states I have lost a discount from the previous month but when I click to find out what this was, there is nothing and the detail shows the price stated in the December letter. There is also nothing clearly stated on the T&Cs suggested either. In fact on looking at the details of the price increases in the press recently I am not in line for anything because of the time I accepted the new offer. All in all I am £5 a month out of pocket because of an error made on VM's part by sending a contract with the incorrect amount I agreed and which I have been unable to rectify on a number of occasions, which as I have said before is very frustrating after many years of virtually problem free service.

Your reply is encouraging but I am still not clear about what my monthly payment will be and what March has to do with anything. I agreed a set amount for 18 months when I renewed/renegotiated my contract. Can you clarify the position asap? 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We don't deal with packages here, so you'll need to either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
gill139
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was hoping that someone who does could pick this up as I have said endlessly that I have not been able to get through!!! Have a good day!

0 Kudos