Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Complaint re overcharging

I made a complaint to Virgin Media on 27 October 2019 and have chased it three times with no response.

I switched to Virgin Media Broadband and phone in November 2018 - at the time I could not switch TV as I was tied in a contract with Sky.  As my Sky contract was nearing the end, on 12 October 2019 I enquired about upgrading to include Virgin Media TV. I was given a quote to upgrade to add Bigger Bundle plus movies plus Sports SD and agreed a monthly price of £82 per month for 12 months. I received email confirmation of this with a contract. On 26 October 2019 the engineer came to install the TV package and on the following day I received an email from Virgin Media with a revised contract stating it will be £130 per month - this I would never have agreed to as it would have been more that I was paying with Sky TV.  

I tried to call Virgin Media but I was hanging on waiting and waiting so decided to make a complaint via Resolver - .  I have chased this on three occasions and haven't even had a response.  

I have a copy of the contract received confirming £82 per month so have the evidence of the agreed contract.  However am now paying £130 per month.   I am therefore being overcharged by £48 per month.

All I ask is that Virgin Media make contact with me and confirm that I am being overcharged and refund any overpayment and put me on the contract I agreed to, of £82 per month.

I really do not want to leave Virgin Media but at the moment I have a very good offer from Sky if I return to them and if my issue is not resolved this week, then I will need to decide whether I cancel Virgin Media (all my services) and go back to Sky and also will refer the matter to CISAS and the Financial Ombudsman.

I have followed the complaints process on Virgin Media Website and to date have heard nothing and yet they are still happy to take my money and overcharging me.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint re overcharging

Good luck with getting a resolution to your complaint   Mine also remains unresolved since October 2019. I’ve been a customer with VM since the 90’s and am counting down the days to my contract ends. My advice if you’re still in the cooling off period would be to go back to your old supplier as nobody cares in VM - sadly. However if you’re outside your cooling off period they will sting you with an early exit fee gggrrrr !! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Debmiller

Sorry to hear you haven't received a response to your complaint, it's not the level of service or experience we want any of our customers to have.

How did you raise the complaint? Where you given a complaint reference at all? If so, if you can let us know we can take a look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was overcharged in Sept 2019, called offshore and was told they'd sort it, still not done 4 months later.

Asked to speak to uk team was told call back and take your chance, have called back 10 times only to get offshore each time. 

This is the one element in my opinion that lets VM down. I'll suffer the initial overcharge but the day my contract is up I'll be gone. Been a customer for over a decade but if I can't get an issue resolved with someone I can talk to then what's the point. 

I tried the old detentions option but still goes offshore 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I apologise again that the team haven't been in touch with you yet.

Have you been given any complaints reference for this issue that you logged Patuk? Please can I have the reference if you've been given one and I can get this looked into further for you. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't use third parties to make complaints. VM has a webform on the website.

I know of several companies who just send a reply out to resolver contacts saying please contact us to discuss. I wouldn't be surprised if VM was one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve

They didn't provide a reference. Even today when I asked to be transferred. I don't know how VM pay for offshore but if it's pay per inbound it makes sense that they seldom resolve an issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Patuk. 

If you pop us a text message on +44753 305 1809 I'm confident we'll be able to provide you with a reference and an update. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos