Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Complaint re: faults and bill

Please can you pass this email on to the relevant department.

Dear Sir,

Firstly I must state that I have been a customer of Virgin Media’s for over 20 years and I have never missed a direct debit payment.
In September 2018 I started having a issue with my TV and Broadband they would constantly keep freezing and have to be restarted at the main box which would take around 10 to 15minutes before everything came back on.
When the TV and Broadband froze up you would get a error message asking you to contact Virgin Media via a on screen phone number.
When I have rang the on screen phone number and was transferred to the technical department in New Delia India they have explained this is what is called a outage and arranged for a engineer to attend my property.
The engineer attended my property and tested all my equipment and stated everything is working fine.
This made me feel as though I was making the whole story up of the TV and Broadband just freezing getting the error message and have to restart everything.
The very next time it happened I was watching the football just before half time and it all froze up again.
When I finally got it all up and running again it was halftime and two goals had been scored.
Again I spoke to the technical team in New Delia India who stated the same thing it’s an outage and will send another engineer round to try to sort the problem out as there was nothing they could at there end.
I was given a choice of morning or afternoon slot for the engineer to attend my property to fix the problem and four times they did not turn up.
Every time I spoken to the technical team in New Delia India they said the would book another appointment.
Finally after the fourth attempt at trying to get a engineer to attend my property they stated that someone kept cancelling the appointments because they new what was the issue it was an outage.
When the fifth appointment was made an engineer Dominic Tech ID 23856 came to my property tested all my equipment and stated again it’s all running fine.
He then stated that he did not disbelieve me that these errors were happening but every time it happens to photograph it and write down how long it takes to restart.
After approximately four weeks February 2019 I had all the proof, photographs of error messages and times.
At this point I rang up to get another engineer to attend my property to show him all the proof and resolve the issues.
The engineer attended my property and was shown all the photographs and given the restart times.
He appeared to know what some of the codes meant then stated this is what is called a Utilisation and we are aware of the problem in this area.
The engineer then stated that this Utilisation should be fixed next month (March 2019).
Every month from March 2019 to September 2019 I received a letter from Virgin Media stating the Utilisation was going to be fixed the following month.
The Utilisation was finally fixed in October 2019.
When explaining the situation of what has happened to one of the many customer service advisers at Virgin Media telling them I had been transferred from department to department virtually all around the world, spent hours on the telephone and all the missed engineers appointments wasting my time and costing me money because I had to take time off work.
She stated when you come to renew your contract in March 2020 explain the whole scenario of what has happened to the services you have been provided with and they will give you a discount on your next contract.
When it came time to renew my contract in March 2020 I spoke to a customer service advisor called Joanne I explained all the issues that had been going on and she stated that the cheapest they could renew the contract was for £91.00.
Having looked at my previous contract that was more than last time, she said I will speak to my manager and came back on the line and said all he is prepared to knock off the bill is £1.
In the next few days I sat down and thought about how much he said he was going to knock off, this did not appear very fair considering all the issues.
So I phoned up again, the call went to New Delia India and the customer service agent I spoke to Shakti said he could not do anything for me.
I asked to speak to his manager Vishal and he stated the same, the only people who can change contracts are customer service agents.
I thought this a little strange as I have been speaking to one and his manager.
He then stated I will have to transfer you and was gone, not only did he transfer me but he did it blind so I had to explain the whole situation again.
Now I was speaking to a customer service agent called Amanda in Scotland explained the whole situation again and we agreed that the contract would be exactly the same contract, with all the same services for £85.00 per month.
When the March bill came it was for £89.40 so I called up to query this amount only to be told that I had never spoken to Amanda in Scotland the last person I had spoken to was Joanne and had agreed the amount £90.00.
This email has been composed to you to try and resolve all these issues mainly the agreed contract figure of £85.00.
I do feel now that I am due some other form of recompense because at first when all the issues started happening no one believed me virtually calling me a liar and now the incident over speaking to the customer service agent Amanda in Scotland.
In the deadlock letter it states “some agent” I always get the name of whom I have been speaking to they have even got this wrong.
Also in the deadlock letter it does not mention any of the issues from September 2018 to October 2019.
Two emails and a written letter have been sent to Virgin Media which I have had no reply.
The correspondence was before Christmas 2019 so there were no underlining issues like the corona virus to stop them replying.
I look forward to your comments on all of these issues, hopefully ascertain a little more courtesy and respect for a long standing member for over 20 years.
Thanking you in anticipation 
Mr K.W.Harris.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

Account Number [MOD EDIT: Account number removed]

Dear Sir,

Firstly I must state that I have been a customer of Virgin Media’s for over 20 years and I have never missed a direct debit payment.
In September 2018 I started having a issue with my TV and Broadband they would constantly keep freezing and have to be restarted at the main box which would take around 10 to 15minutes before everything came back on.
When the TV and Broadband froze up you would get a error message asking you to contact Virgin Media via a on screen phone number.
When I have rang the on screen phone number and was transferred to the technical department in New Delia India they have explained this is what is called a outage and arranged for a engineer to attend my property.
The engineer attended my property and tested all my equipment and stated everything is working fine.
This made me feel as though I was making the whole story up of the TV and Broadband just freezing getting the error message and have to restart everything.
The very next time it happened I was watching the football just before half time and it all froze up again.
When I finally got it all up and running again it was halftime and two goals had been scored.
Again I spoke to the technical team in New Delia India who stated the same thing it’s an outage and will send another engineer round to try to sort the problem out as there was nothing they could at there end.
I was given a choice of morning or afternoon slot for the engineer to attend my property to fix the problem and four times they did not turn up.
Every time I spoken to the technical team in New Delia India they said the would book another appointment.
Finally after the fourth attempt at trying to get a engineer to attend my property they stated that someone kept cancelling the appointments because they new what was the issue it was an outage.
When the fifth appointment was made an engineer Dominic Tech ID 23856 came to my property tested all my equipment and stated again it’s all running fine.
He then stated that he did not disbelieve me that these errors were happening but every time it happens to photograph it and write down how long it takes to restart.
After approximately four weeks February 2019 I had all the proof, photographs of error messages and times.
At this point I rang up to get another engineer to attend my property to show him all the proof and resolve the issues.
The engineer attended my property and was shown all the photographs and given the restart times.
He appeared to know what some of the codes meant then stated this is what is called a Utilisation and we are aware of the problem in this area.
The engineer then stated that this Utilisation should be fixed next month (March 2019).
Every month from March 2019 to September 2019 I received a letter from Virgin Media stating the Utilisation was going to be fixed the following month.
The Utilisation was finally fixed in October 2019.
When explaining the situation of what has happened to one of the many customer service advisers at Virgin Media telling them I had been transferred from department to department virtually all around the world, spent hours on the telephone and all the missed engineers appointments wasting my time and costing me money because I had to take time off work.
She stated when you come to renew your contract in March 2020 explain the whole scenario of what has happened to the services you have been provided with and they will give you a discount on your next contract.
When it came time to renew my contract in March 2020 I spoke to a customer service advisor called Joanne I explained all the issues that had been going on and she stated that the cheapest they could renew the contract was for £91.00.
Having looked at my previous contract that was more than last time, she said I will speak to my manager and came back on the line and said all he is prepared to knock off the bill is £1.
In the next few days I sat down and thought about how much he said he was going to knock off, this did not appear very fair considering all the issues.
So I phoned up again, the call went to New Delia India and the customer service agent I spoke to Shakti said he could not do anything for me.
I asked to speak to his manager Vishal and he stated the same, the only people who can change contracts are customer service agents.
I thought this a little strange as I have been speaking to one and his manager.
He then stated I will have to transfer you and was gone, not only did he transfer me but he did it blind so I had to explain the whole situation again.
Now I was speaking to a customer service agent called Amanda in Scotland explained the whole situation again and we agreed that the contract would be exactly the same contract, with all the same services for £85.00 per month.
When the March bill came it was for £89.40 so I called up to query this amount only to be told that I had never spoken to Amanda in Scotland the last person I had spoken to was Joanne and had agreed the amount £90.00.
This email has been composed to you to try and resolve all these issues mainly the agreed contract figure of £85.00.
I do feel now that I am due some other form of recompense because at first when all the issues started happening no one believed me virtually calling me a liar and now the incident over speaking to the customer service agent Amanda in Scotland.
In the deadlock letter it states “some agent” I always get the name of whom I have been speaking to they have even got this wrong.
Also in the deadlock letter it does not mention any of the issues from September 2018 to October 2019.
Two emails and a written letter have been sent to Virgin Media which I have had no reply.
The correspondence was before Christmas 2019 so there were no underlining issues like the corona virus to stop them replying.
I look forward to your comments on all of these issues, hopefully ascertain a little more courtesy and respect for a long standing member for over 20 years.
Thanking you in anticipation 
Mr K.W.Harris.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint

Are other providers not avalible in your area, seems odd agreeing another long contract when you are unhappy with the price and the service you are getting

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos